2013 NFL Playoffs

sebur

Bronze Squire
So if SF dominates elite QBs that means they will lose to the Falcons then cause they don't have an elite QB.....

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if the patriots win sunday (and i think they will) i'd rather face atlanta than SF.
180px-Capt._Obvious.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
lots of big names speak highly of him.

i'll give phil emery the benefit of the doubt

Does Peyton deserve the amount of shit he's getting for that 38-35 loss? 8 one and dones kind of sucks, but I'm hearing his name being dropped out of the "elite" conversation which is kind of premature.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
what i don't get this sunday is the spread for the patriots game.

pats are -9 (favored to win by over 9)

except for the 2010 playoffs

the past 6 games have been(over 6 years)

2012 - 1 point ravens win
2011 playoffs-3 points pats win
2011-didn't play
2010 3 points pats win
2009(jan 2010) playoffs - 17 pt ravens win
2009 6 points pats win
2008 didn't play
2007 3 point pats win

what the fuck does "vegas" know that we don't?

I am a patriots fan- always have always will

a 9 point spread vs the Ravens? i'm Taking the Ravens, not to win, but to beat the spread because since 2007...the game is decided by 2 field goals or less, most of them by a field goal or less, the lone exception is that playoff game that was won by the Ravens by 17pts.

Sterling

El Presidente
Spread has nothing to do with expected score. It's the points required for there to be equal action on both sides of the line.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
oh i know that, but, if the past several games - which is what most people i know are looking at- are to go by, the spread should be no more than 4-6 tops because of the 10 people i know that bet on games, all of them are picking the ravens, not one of them is picking the pats, not to win, but to not lose by 10 or more, they see what i see, since 2007 the ravens and patriots- except for that one playoff game- every single game is 6 points or less.

of course it would be their luck that the pats win by 14 sunday...

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I'm sure Vegas is just totally ignoring what has happened in the past match-ups between these two teams and they are obviously ignoring what the betters are doing based on your 10 friends and are instead just arbitrarily setting the line based on national media hype.

Asset_sl

shitlord
Does Peyton deserve the amount of shit he's getting for that 38-35 loss? 8 one and dones kind of sucks, but I'm hearing his name being dropped out of the "elite" conversation which is kind of premature.
While he certainly hasn't played a game for the ages, I'd pin Denver's loss mostly on the defense disappearing and surrendering big play after big play. But that's just being Peyton, if you can't make up for every shortcoming your team can possibly have, then the hyperbolic media will come in with the easy story about how he can't get it done in the playoffs.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Barnwell wrote on this yesterday where QB's more than any other player take shit for things that they have nothing to do with. If Denver's D could keep receivers in front of them then aside from the early pick he had a solid game but instead it's he sucked shit.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If you put up 35 points in a game you should win. That's all there is to that. Then again, I'm an AFC North acolyte where defense is our specialty. I hate watching shitty defense. I like "boring" defensive games.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Yes. He's had an entire regular season without scrutiny. Now the legion of haters and hyperbolic pundits can have their moment to rip him apart.

If Peyton isn't "Elite" it's because he's in a category with Hall of Fame players and one of them has had the good fortune to play on the best team in the NFL for the last decade.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Manning is taking a lot of heat that the defense mostly deserves just because of his playoff history, and his choke job INT this game. He put the team in position to win through 4 quarters, but went all Tony Romo with the game on the line. The dude has shit the bed in the playoffs waaaaaay too much for how good he is in the regular season. If not for Bob Sanders, he'd probably be sitting at 0 super bowl wins right now.