2013 NFL Playoffs

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I don't follow
Post season success raises the bar for this "Elite" QB category and Peypey can't fuck with Brady's playoff win / loss record. Patriots have been one of, if not the best, team in the NFL for the last decade.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Barnwell wrote on this yesterday where QB's more than any other player take shit for things that they have nothing to do with. If Denver's D could keep receivers in front of them then aside from the early pick he had a solid game but instead it's he sucked shit.
I assume you mean late pick...because the early pick 6 was clearly a case of pass interference that they didn't call (not the blown PI call or non call that went against Denver either, just the biggest). Frankly while I thought their offense could have done more, they kept having little penalties here or there that set back a lot of drives. Hell even the "tuck fumble" or whatever you want to call it was set up by a phantom holding call on a 3rd an 1 that they converted, but because of the penalty turned into 3rd and 11. His late pick was a terrible decision and not a good throw either, so he'll get a lot of the flack...but it doesn't change the fact that Rahim Moore/Champ Bailey's fuckups in the secondary, their kicker somehow hitting the ground a foot behind the football on his only field goal attempt, and some poor officiating decisions are what kept the Ravens in the game long enough for him to make that mistake.

Post season success raises the bar for this "Elite" QB category and Peypey can't fuck with Brady's playoff win / loss record. Patriots have been one of, if not the best, team in the NFL for the last decade.
I don't think post season win and loses should hold so much value in determining if someone is Elite QB, if that would be the case Marino will be worse than Trent Dilfer will be as good as Peyton and Eli will be much better. Heck when Brady was lost for the season Matt Cassel did a good job filling in for him finishing 11-5 and Cassell doesn't have a job anymore, but I agree the pats are insane even with tebow at QB they could win a SB.

I don't think post season win and loses should hold so much value in determining if someone is Elite QB, if that would be the case Marino will be worse than Trent Dilfer will be as good as Peyton and Eli will be much better. Heck when Brady was lost for the season Matt Cassel did a good job filling in for him finishing 11-5 and Cassell doesn't have a job anymore, but I agree the pats are insane even with tebow at QB they could win a SB.
no, to all of this.

i love when people argue that the pats are/have been stacked. trust me, it's all brady and always has been except 2001.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
no, to all of this.

i love when people argue that the pats are/have been stacked. trust me, it's all brady and always has been except 2001.
I know a lot of teams that would have liked to have the motivated Randy Moss the Pats had for a couple years and Wes Welker/Gronk on their teams. It's not completely just Brady.

I know a lot of teams that would have liked to have the motivated Randy Moss the Pats had for a couple years and Wes Welker/Gronk on their teams. It's not completely just Brady.
no doubt, i overspoke. i'm more referring to the common thought that Brady's teams have consistently been loaded with weapons for him - which is so far from true it's almost like someone arguing to you that the sky's made of frying pans.

Disp_sl

shitlord
You can't possibly believe that for a second though can you? He's had one of the top offensive lines in the league for a decade, not to mention 1600 yard rushers like Corey Dillon, and record setting receivers in Gronkowski/Welker. That's just scratching the surface of offensive talent the franchise has had, and not even considering anyone on defense.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WMGwt.jpg

You can't possibly believe that for a second though can you? He's had one of the top offensive lines in the league for a decade, not to mention 1600 yard rushers like Corey Dillon, and record setting receivers in Gronkowski/Welker. That's just scratching the surface of offensive talent the franchise has had, and not even considering anyone on defense.
i'd concede only the offensive line but take a look at his receiver sets at least:

Owall.png

rfy0r.png

JxAnZ.png

sh8sv.png

nDAVE.png

+ Gronk/Hernandez in 2011.

Prior to 2011, it's pretty difficult to find equivalents to the other top QBs help: Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne etc...

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Famm: I love that line about how Peyton said he'll be audibalizing out of whatever dumbshit plays Harbaugh calls anyway lol...

Disp_sl

shitlord
This may come as a surprise to you, but the Patriots haven't won shit since 2004. Why? Because the defense, running game, o-line, and most clutch kicker in history were the focal point to those early teams, and Brady was a game manager. The team won with shitty pass catchers because they didn't rely on Brady to singlehandedly win the game. Now they rely on him and superior talent on offense, but can't win.

So for you to say it's been all Brady is probably the opposite of true. The only times they won the Super Bowl were when he was playing the Alex Smith role (but obviously doing it a lot better).

Also, already sick of this Kaepernicking bullshit. At least Tebowing was funny because it was so retarded.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Also, already sick of this Kaepernicking bullshit. At least Tebowing was funny because it was so retarded.
Yeah, a lot of the stuff surrounding Kaepernick is already driving me up the fucking wall.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Yeah, a lot of the stuff surrounding Kaepernick is already driving me up the fucking wall.
Seriously. I like reading the stuff leading up to the game, but the knob slobbering and hype over Kaepernick is just nuts right now. Dude had a great game against a team that had no idea how to stop him, but it's just getting obnoxious now.