2013 NFL Season

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Have there been any really good games played in London? I was at the inaugural Giants/Dolphins game in 2007 and it was abysmal. I don't usually watch games that don't involve or have importance for the Skins so maybe some of the London match ups ended up being exciting, but looking over the list of London games on Wikipedia it looks like all shit. I see the Chargers, Tampa Bay twice, and The Rams, and...oh my...Jacksonville for the next few years.
I don't think the NFL wants games with possible playoff implications being played at a neutral site like that. If I was a team playing a meaningful game "at home" in London I'd be pissed.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think Goodell's goal in life is to bring a team to London. Gonna be hard to do that when all you do is have shit teams play over there.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Could you imagine the logistics of having a team based in London? Those travel for teams would be pretty shitty.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Can't we just move the Lambs back to L.A. and pretend it's London? Have them wear little helmet tophats and chant 'Pip pip, Cheerio!' before each play.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
the only one that worries me is the Pats.
Actually, I think the Pats game is, outside of the AFC South, one of the more winnable games. Pats don't have shit for receivers or running backs. Even when Gronk comes back, he's had more surgeries than the Six Million Dollar Man.

The Seattle game though, I can see the Texans getting their shit pushed in with a slew of injuries.

At least we can feast on some JAX wins.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There are some real blockbusters on TNF this year.

Buffalo at Cleveland
NY Giants at Chicago
Washington at Minnesota
Pittsburgh at Baltimore
Houston at Jacksonville

And plenty more. They don't have have TNF in Weeks 16 and 17.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
SNF seems to get the best games of all the non daytime games. SNF also has the best fucking free stream of their games as well.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Could you imagine the logistics of having a team based in London? Those travel for teams would be pretty shitty.
I saw an article today about it. Basically a bunch of players said they'd either refuse to play for that team (like Eli and San Diego) or would only go if they were paid significantly more. And the guys who said that were ones already making like $70M+.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting this rivalry between Rams-49ers alltime is 62-62-3

Unless they tie again in another shitty game we get tiebreaker!

As to Grimm about Austin....its more the offense he is in which is limiting him. I cant imagine how well he would be used in a place like Denver in the slot with someone who has a clue. The Rams need to get an OC who knows how to run the spread hurry-up etc to use the strengths of this team. He is still doing pretty well for a rookie even if the offense is the most missionary boring shit I have ever seen.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
SNF also has the best fucking free stream of their games as well.
A million times this. I fucking LOVE NBC for providing a free, high-quality stream for SNF. *edit* And no commercials, or maybe my adblock is just preventing me from seeing them.

Compare that to the laughable shit that nfl.com streams for the Thursday night games, where the only camera they use is the hanging one behind the QB.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think Goodell's goal in life is to bring a team to London. Gonna be hard to do that when all you do is have shit teams play over there.
That's clearly his goal and everyone knows it. All the suits in the NFL see $$$$ when they look to London and having a team there.

The problem is, they aren't going to get players to sign there. Free Agents aren't going to want to go to London and fly half way across the world for away games unless they are going to get paid silly amounts of money and with the caps that just isn't going to be possible.