2013 NFL Season

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The defenseless receiver is helmet to helmet which can be any part of the helmet. Alot of those are legit wtf do you expect the defender to do because most of the time they're trying for a legit tackle but you're flying at a guy and you're both wearing giant helmets and sometimes they collide.

Hitting with the crown is something way more dangerous. You have all of your force being transferred directly to your opponents head while your helmet/shoulder pads absorb almost all of it on your end.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
If they went back to the old-tiimey helmets, I'd bet there'd be less head-to-head collisions. Dumbass defenders who just throw their body at someone would have to learn how to actually tackle.

I'm aware this wouldn't work.

Bronko Nagurski gives Manning face:

Attachment 51273

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Ridley lowered his head into Pollard on that one, though. Today it would most likely be a penalty on Ridley, even though he got the worst of it.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
It's also ridiculous that the instant his helmet pops off is reviewable, but not the helmet to helmet hit? If you're reviewing a play and you see something so blatant, not a judgement call, and clearly affects the outcome you should be able to factor that in.
I was under the impression it was reviewed due to it being called a touchdown on the field, not because his helmet came off. Only reviewing the touchdown did they decided the helmet came off before he crossed therefore killing the play.

Could be wrong though.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the Dolphins still have Incognito on the payroll, and if he's still around after this game he's more than likely coming back to play, very interdasting.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like the shit pile will continue then if the leadership isn't being cleaned up.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was under the impression it was reviewed due to it being called a touchdown on the field, not because his helmet came off. Only reviewing the touchdown did they decided the helmet came off before he crossed therefore killing the play.

Could be wrong though.
Yeah, its a scoring play and also under the two minute mark so it was also reviewed upstairs right.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Could be wrong though.
Right, but if they saw a hold or pass interference on the replay they wouldnt then throw a flag for the penalty.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Right, but if they saw a hold or pass interference on the replay they wouldnt then throw a flag for the penalty.
Losing the helmet like that isn't a penalty for the offense though. It is more like a player stepping out of bounds before going in for a TD.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
[insert oneliner here]

arthurjones_original.gif

Arthur Jones Skips Over To Ice Cream Truck After Ravens Practice - Baltimore Sports Report

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Dumbass defenders who just throw their body at someone would have to learn how to actually tackle.
This is what I was talking about:

kMTHT3O.gif

Some might say, 'Hey, that's a great play', but I think it sucks. I hate this kind of 'defense'.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That hit was great. It's the Ryan Clark arms down open field on a ball carrier type hits that drive me crazy. USE YOUR FUCKING ARMS YOU RETARDED ASSHOLES! Torpedoman thigh bump is not going to stop Adrian Peterson, dipshits.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
... what? tackling this guy wouldnt have prevented the reception.
Oh, you can see into the future? He could hit the guy just as hard and wrapped him up. Instead he just threw his body at the guy, with a higher likelihood of injuries to both players. Maybe a tackling motion wouldn't have prevented the reception, but he could still strip the ball. As fast as he was running toward the receiver, I doubt the guy could hold on with any type of solid hit.

Really not looking for an argument about it; I just think tackling skills have diminished in the NFL.