2013 NFL Season

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I dunno, I'd rather someone poke my taint than spit a loogie into my open mouth. I'm sure worse has happened. But yeah, Goodell will see this soon and he'll make him pay.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Bear down baby!

As far as Cutler vs. McCown, Cutler was having those types of games earlier this year but with more Cutlery mistakes than McCown is making. The biggest thing is age, the whole Bears D needs to be rebuilt so to let Cutler go knowing your a year or two away still due to D issue by the time you fix them McCown might be done for.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cutler turns into a giant weeping vagina when the post season rolls around, though. The yearly routine of that is basically what got Lovie canned. I think they should dump Cutler for some draft picks and get a QB in a year or two to work up under McCown while they reconstruct their D over the next couple years. It may no be fun for the next couple years, but they will be better off for having done it.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Cutler turns into a giant weeping vagina when the post season rolls around, though. The yearly routine of that is basically what got Lovie canned. I think they should dump Cutler for some draft picks and get a QB in a year or two to work up under McCown while they reconstruct their D over the next couple years. It may no be fun for the next couple years, but they will be better off for having done it.
Nobody in their right mind is giving up draft picks for someone who is going to be an FA next year. Not even Synder or Jerrah are dumb enough to do that shit

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nobody in their right mind is giving up draft picks for someone who is going to be an FA next year. Not even Synder or Jerrah are dumb enough to do that shit
What? Trade deadline is past. They'd franchise Cutler and trade him, and I'm sure the trade would stipulate Cutler signs a long term contract as part of the deal.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lovie got fired because he was a terrible game coach and nobody would work for him except his old buddies who got fired as coaches. Trade Cutler a free agent lol? Good luck with that.

Chip Kelly's relative success, wholly depending on the playoffs and next year tells me guys like Lovie Smith aren't getting rehired as head coaches.

However, why not bring in the next hot college coach with Lovie as an assistant, for example.

GjORDYV.png

thats too bad

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Chip Kelly's relative success, wholly depending on the playoffs and next year tells me guys like Lovie Smith aren't getting rehired as head coaches.

However, why not bring in the next hot college coach with Lovie as an assistant, for example.
With the recent success of OCs becoming HCs, I'm sure that's going to be the norm. Defensive-minded coaches just aren't a thing anymore.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think that has more to do with the current rules of the game than one type of coach being superior to the other. Rex Ryan is clearly a hell of a defensive coach and if the Jets fire him the Bears should throw every thing at him to coach the D next year, if he hired better offensive coaches and drafted better people would be claiming he was amazing IMO.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shanahan is my sworn enemy. Fuck that guy. He might be a good coach, which is part of the reason for my dislike
Just to get back to this: He's apparently not a good coach. He stumbled in to a Manning situation in Denver where Elway won him games and he got the credit. He's been shit in DC.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Just to get back to this: He's apparently not a good coach. He stumbled in to a Manning situation in Denver where Elway won him games and he got the credit. He's been shit in DC.
Don't forget Terrel Davis too. The point is still solid though.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Will be hilarious to watch the fan / media circus when Cutler comes back and Cutler's. No reason, none what so ever, to bench McCown in favor of Cutler with how he and the entire team is playing right now.

I don't see why the Bears couldn't franchise Cutler and get something for him.