2013 NFL Season

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They're like 10th against the run. The pass part is expected with their playstyle. Really it's not the yards, they're middle of the pack there. Slightly above average even. It's the fact they can't keep anyone out of the endzone. Whatever the opposite of "bend don't break" defense is, they have it.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
How can people follow the NFL regularly and not know how playoff seeding works o_O

NFL playoffs tiebreaking procedures - NFL - ESPN

PLAYOFF SEEDING CRITERIA

The six postseason participants from each conference will now be seeded as follows:

1. The division champion with the best record.
2. The division champion with the second-best record.
3. The division champion with the third-best record.
4. The division champion with the fourth-best record.
5. The wild-card team with the best record.
6. The wild-card team with the second-best record.

The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.
NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both teams.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more teams in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two teams
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the teams).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I figured he'd get his salary next year if he were fired. In fact, I don't know anyone that thought otherwise. Not sure why the contract being "ironclad" makes any difference. Most of us were just assuming Snyder would eat the money so that the team isn't a motherfucking circus anymore.

Edit: Been reading a bit more about this (I've been trying to avoid Redskins news lately cause it's awful), and it sounds like Kyle Shanahan is the problem. There's a very good chance Mike and Kyle part ways with Mike retaining control of the team. That said, I still want Mike gone. It's his ship, and he allowed his dumb fuck son to destroy the team. So in the end, he's still responsible for the clusterfuck.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Chiefs. What the fuck, are you a recent immigrant or something?
I come from Kenya.

I figured I'd get hammered for that question, and I stand duly chastised.

Not that it matters; Chiefs have lost in the first game of their playoffs the last six times they managed to squeak in an appearance. Their last playoff win was in 1993.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jesus, Shannon Sharpe going on a tangent about how Mike Shanahan's decision to bench RG3 isn't about race. Uh, who the fuck said it was? Calm down, angry black man.

Sterling

El Presidente
Jesus, Shannon Sharpe going on a tangent about how Mike Shanahan's decision to bench RG3 isn't about race. Uh, who the fuck said it was? Calm down, angry black man.
Yeah I hate that fucking guy. I remember one time when it looked like Marino was ready to take a swing at him when they were answering emails or something and someone asked about how important a Superbowl win was for a QB and he basically said Dilfer and Brad Johnson were better than Marino because they had a ring.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd prefer the Pats/Dolphins ended in a tie actually. But definitely want Pittsburgh to win for once.

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
I can see Trestman now, "Cutler is a tad rusty and needs a game or two to work out the interceptions."