2013 NFL Season

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gruden knows football, he just sounds like such a smug cuntrag explaining it. He's so obsessed with using the ridiculous jargon that it makes him obnoxious. And it's not like he's wrong, it's just needlessly complicated.

"Spider 2 Y Banana"
?3rd and Tacoma?
?He?ll shuffle across the formation and shoot his gun, POW!?

And that's just the technical stuff, when he starts riffing it's hilariously stupid. He's definitely the new Madden.

?Watch him squirt through this hole and unload at contact.?

I do like Collinsworth, as much as any announcer anyways, but Ambi is right about how smarmy that fucker is.

Cris Collinsworth Likes His Ladies Very Young and Extremely Stupid

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
lol "The Catch 2" such a great moment for Terrel Owens but it's a play that should have never happened. Refs got the fumble call wrong earlier in the drive.
While this is technically true, the Packers had knocked the 49ers out of the playoffs like two of the previous 3 years so we were due for a break. I had just moved into a new apartment that year and I was watching the game on rabbit ears through a bunch of snow. Halfway through the game the cable guy showed up and hooked up my cable so I got to watch the end with a clear picture and it was just such a great fucking moment.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Gruden knows football, he just sounds like such a smug cuntrag explaining it. He's so obsessed with using the ridiculous jargon that it makes him obnoxious. And it's not like he's wrong, it's just needlessly complicated.

"Spider 2 Y Banana"
"3rd and Tacoma"
"He'll shuffle across the formation and shoot his gun, POW!"

And that's just the technical stuff, when he starts riffing it's hilariously stupid. He's definitely the new Madden.

"Watch him squirt through this hole and unload at contact."

I do like Collinsworth, as much as any announcer anyways, but Ambi is right about how smarmy that fucker is.

Cris Collinsworth Likes His Ladies Very Young and Extremely Stupid
truth spoken.
Gruden is ok in small doses but listening to him jammering on like demented lunatic on a bad acid trip for almost 4 hours, is just too much. Plus most of his stuff seems forced.
Collinsworth was already quite good on TNF and he's even better now on SNF

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wish they would give us the option to listen to all the parabolic mics in glorious surround sound with the PA announcer. I don't like any broadcasting teams and the lazy narrative they are pushing that day.

I wish they would give us the option to listen to all the parabolic mics in glorious surround sound with the PA announcer. I don't like any broadcasting teams and the lazy narrative they are pushing that day.
i typically TIVO and just back the game up 4-6 seconds so I can listen to our radio guys. They do a much better job, also Scott Zolak is the color commentator -

"UNICORNS! SHOW PONIES! Where's the Beef!"

that guy

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have no idea why y'all dont enjoy listening to Gruden.

It's funny, lighten the fuck up. Are you really depending on them to provide you your fantasy stats?

Buy an IPad.
Hey what's up faggot? Avoiding the thread for 4 days? Get fucking wrecked.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I think my personal dislike for Collingsworth and Simms date back to when they were players. They were both cocky fucks. Now that I think about it, 90% of the talking heads that played in the NFL I really don't care to listen to as commentators.

I think it was Fox I was watching the other day for a 'halftime report', and there were SIX fucking people sitting at the desk. What the fuck? We need six meatheads to talk about 15 seconds of game highlights before the next commercial? And one of them is a chick?

I'm probably also one of the few that thinks Joe Buck should stick with baseball. At least that's true in St. Louis, since his dad had long ties to the city.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
While we're bitching about the TV presentation, is there any reason we still have the same shitty side view where you can only see 5-10 yards deep? The games would be so much more enjoyable if they went with the Madden perspective where you could actually see all the players. Only being able to see the immediate area around the ball is archaic.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
While we're bitching about the TV presentation, is there any reason we still have the same shitty side view where you can only see 5-10 yards deep? The games would be so much more enjoyable if they went with the Madden perspective where you could actually see all the players. Only being able to see the immediate area around the ball is archaic.
The behind-the-QB view is by far the best view. That really should be the standard. It's way better than the sideline view.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Similar subject: How the fuck is it that so many stadiums don't seem to have a camera on the goal-line? So many times we're trying to determine if a ball crossed the plane from off-center angles that make it harder.

Also also, why the fuck are there not small Go Pro type cameras on/in the pylons aiming up for judging when a player stretches the ball in? The NFL made nearly 10 billion dollars last year, this shit should be standard by now.

Hey what's up faggot? Avoiding the thread for 4 days? Get fucking wrecked.
oh so the dolphins won the afc east then?

have you ever posted anything worth reading?

kid's team wins 1 game, probably wont make the playoffs and I have to read about it? Wow welcome to the thread Sutekh

edit: In regards to the game I will say I'm happy the pats lost a game themselves without the refs help. That was amazing.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also also, why the fuck are there not small Go Pro type cameras on/in the pylons aiming up for judging when a player stretches the ball in? The NFL made nearly 10 billion dollars last year, this shit should be standard by now.
Fuck cameras. Just microchip/sensor the balls and goal lines. Fuck it, GPS the ball for spotting when down yardage needs measured. I want NHL style lights and sirens when the TD plane is broken!

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Fuck cameras. Just microchip/sensor the balls and goal lines. Fuck it, GPS the ball for spotting when down yardage needs measured. I want NHL style lights and sirens when the TD plane is broken!
We need the ball to light up so we can see how fast it's thrown as well!

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
i typically TIVO and just back the game up 4-6 seconds so I can listen to our radio guys. They do a much better job, also Scott Zolak is the color commentator -

"UNICORNS! SHOW PONIES! Where's the Beef!"

that guy
Joe Santos or whoever? Yeah, I like them.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Similar subject: How the fuck is it that so many stadiums don't seem to have a camera on the goal-line? So many times we're trying to determine if a ball crossed the plane from off-center angles that make it harder.

I swear I probably made this comment a year ago...and probably a year before that. At the very least, there should be a camera on each upright for field goals and each side of the goal line. I mean, like you said, they're rolling in fucking money. They don't need to be super awesome cameras either, just ones good enough for reviews. You're talking about investing probably less than $100,000 for an entire season.

It's the same reason I can't fucking understand why someone like Dan Snyder wouldn't just fix FedEx field. It's god damn turf. What's it going to cost, like $200-300,000 and be good for a decade+? Stop being a cheap fuck and use a fraction of a percent of your revenue on something super important that's easy to do.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
oh so the dolphins won the afc east then?

have you ever posted anything worth reading?

kid's team wins 1 game, probably wont make the playoffs and I have to read about it? Wow welcome to the thread Sutekh

edit: In regards to the game I will say I'm happy the pats lost a game themselves without the refs help. That was amazing.
hahah how salty are you that the Patriots got fucking crushed? Tom Brady out thrown by Ryan Tannehill. Wow welcome to the downfall of your team.

EJ Manuel out for Sunday's game. Dream still alive.

All we need is the Ravens and the Bills to beat the Pats and the Dolphins win the divison.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EJ Manuel out for Sunday's game. Dream still alive.

All we need is the Ravens and the Bills to beat the Pats and the Dolphins win the divison.
If the Bengals and the Patriots both end up 10-6 and don't win their divisions, which of them would get the wild card?