2013 NFL Season

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The way I see it is the 49'ers have something to prove. Seahawks have something to do to move ahead. Both will lose either way imo.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Wish the football reference site had the advanced stats for yards after first contact, yards after blocks (something like that, I forget what it's called), and the team blocking percentage (again, forget the name, but is a way to compare offensive lines/schemes). Without stuff like that, it's still hard to make comparisons. If you have a great line, 5.4 might just be good. If you have a mediocre line, 5.4 would be amazing. YAFC is also a decent way to judge elusiveness and/or brute strength. Shit's always so complicated when you really want to get down to it.

I will say the lack of any emphasis on Gore being a receiving option since Harbaugh arrived doesn't help either, especially since his elite contemporaries often have some impact there.

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pats beat Niners in the SB, and Brady get's revenge on the team of his childhood hero that didn't draft him, also dispelling all the doubts about his achievements since his last SB win.

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's mostly idiots, but you can definitely read on different places about him being a product of a system, or that he benefited from a great D during the years that they won it, that he hasn't won since spygate, etc etc. Where the fuck have you been?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ignoring people who obviously don't know what they're talking about. Obviously Tom Brady is a product of a system, he wouldn't have any where near the success he has had if he plays for any other team, but that doesn't change the fact that he's probably the third best QB to ever play in the NFL, behind Manning and Marino of course.

Ignoring people who obviously don't know what they're talking about. Obviously Tom Brady is a product of a system, he wouldn't have any where near the success he has had if he plays for any other team, but that doesn't change the fact that he's probably the third best QB to ever play in the NFL, behind Manning and Marino of course.
I think you're mostly right, but does the "system QB" shit even mean anything at all? Does anyone fault Joe Montana for having more success with Bill Walsh than he might have had on one of the dumpster fires of the time?

I feel like most of the great QBs could be called products of a system. Most of the all time greats didn't go to another team and win super bowls...unless I'm totally forgetting someone Manning could be the first to actually do it this year. I don't mean some guy never picked up a few rings holding clipboards on different teams, but the starting, franchise QB type guys.

Besides, this isn't Belichick's first head coaching job. He didn't exactly burn up the record books without Brady, either. Maybe BB is the product of the Brady system?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This isn't the NBA. As much importance as we place on the QB, he can't carry a team alone, every part is important. O lines are a major piece alone that can make a good QB look great.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think you're mostly right, but does the "system QB" shit even mean anything at all? Does anyone fault Joe Montana for having more success with Bill Walsh than he might have had on one of the dumpster fires of the time?

I feel like most of the great QBs could be called products of a system. Most of the all time greats didn't go to another team and win super bowls...unless I'm totally forgetting someone Manning could be the first to actually do it this year. I don't mean some guy never picked up a few rings holding clipboards on different teams, but the starting, franchise QB type guys.

Besides, this isn't Belichick's first head coaching job. He didn't exactly burn up the record books without Brady, either. Maybe BB is the product of the Brady system?
No it doesn't which is why I said he was a system qb but still is one of the greatest of all time (I hate the GOAT acronym).

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
you guys excited to see the pats beat up on the broncos today?
Homerism aside, I really believe it will be a toss up today on who wins. Just depends on who can run the ball better, I think.

Other than that, I fully believe Denver will end up on top.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Homerism aside, I really believe it will be a toss up today on who wins. Just depends on who can run the ball better, I think.

Tom Brady hasn't won a road playoff game in 7 years, I doubt they win today.

letrollface.jpg

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Show some faith bro, Denver are better in every facet of the game. Should be a good one, but I expect the non-derp Mannings to win by at least a TD.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
There is not one team left that I don't loathe. I'm relying on the Rapture to take the Christians away today, then we'll see whose team is best. (beast)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Once again the NFL baffles me. They have the games scheduled 3 hours and 30 minutes apart. Which is great for the regular season, or if you assume the first game won't run long. But I swear last year itdidrun long. Which means we miss the first part of the second game. Why not just make it 4 hours and not have that as a possibility?