2013 NFL Season

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Kuriin and Kirun can't post in the same thread. It's too confusing.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Remember that time you were supposed to be perma banned? Lets relive that time.
Apparently tipped balls are completely and totally the QB's fault
rolleyes.png

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Actually, I agree with Uber. :/

Manning should have tucked that ball and took the sack. The rush was coming in his plain view.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Short of Manning choking in a way he has yet to choke before, I just don't see how Seattle can cover the 5 weapons consistently. I say this knowing that I watched a few dominant defenses win Superbowls. This Broncos team just strikes me as being able to overcome the best the league can currently offer.

Broncos 27, Seattle 17.

Now that I have jinxed Peytee Pie, I feel much better.
Fuck yeah, am I ready for Vegas now or what?....

Eric Decker's value went from sky high to rock bottom over the course of 2 games.

He almost singlehandedly beats the Patriots, and catches 1 ball for 6 yds against the Seahawks.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Eric Decker's value went from sky high to rock bottom over the course of 2 games.

He almost singlehandedly beats the Patriots, and catches 1 ball for 6 yds against the Seahawks.
He did a lot of that this season, it seems like. He'd have an insane game, then completely drop off the map the next.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
"All we did was play situational football," Sherman says. "We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half."

He demonstrates the signs Manning used for various routes, and says he and his teammates were calling out plays throughout the game and getting them right. "Me, Earl [Thomas], Kam [Chancellor]. we're not just three All-Pro players. We're three All-Pro minds," Sherman says. "Now, if Peyton had thrown in some double moves, if he had gone out of character, we could've been exposed."
nfl1.jpg

Richard Sherman, though hobbled, celebrates SB 48 win late into night | The MMQB with Peter King

How you feel about him now Niners fans?

Gravy

Bronze Squire
We were saying throughout the game that it looked like Seattle had Denver's game plan. Well, at least they had their routes down pat.

As far as the audibles, it seems like either hubris or laziness beat the Broncos. They had two full weeks to design an audible system that wasn't known by their previous games.

We were saying throughout the game that it looked like Seattle had Denver's game plan. Well, at least they had their routes down pat.

As far as the audibles, it seems like either hubris or laziness beat the Broncos. They had two full weeks to design an audible system that wasn't known by their previous games.
this but lets not discount the fact that the broncos are a pass-first team and they were directly dealing with a redwood forest of a 2ndary

i think manning wins this game if they were facing like the 2007 or 2011 giants D that was hinged on pass rush, not an incredible 2ndary

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yup, I said the same before the NFC Championship was played. And also I said I didn't mind the Crabtree interaction and rant, didn't bother me at all. For someone who talks about "respect" so much, I thought the choking gesture towards Kaep was disrespectful but I'm pretty sure Sherman has said as much in hindsight so whatever, these two teams will be going at it for a while now so no sense in getting worked up about it.

I will tell you what though, I'm pretty sure any defensive college player coming out this year should send Dan Quinn and the Seahawks a big thank you letter. Their draft stock just shot up without having to lift a finger. Going to be interesting watching teams trying to emulate the Niners and Seahawks success, especially since neither one plays an overly complicated scheme, they just line-up and out physical the other teams.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The defenses of the NFC West are interesting. I personally think the Rams may have the best Dline but man that Seahawks secondary is just insane. I'm not sure what the Rams plans are but with Sam Badfords cap # they can't really afford much in FA. (depends on what they do with Finnegan and maybe a couple other guys)

Rams could pick up Clowney and Clinton-Dix. Wealth of defensive talent in the NFC West.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Would also say having a mobile QB that manages the game seems to be part of that key to success. Run the football, keep drives alive with QB runs when no ones open, take the shots when they are open.

Just another reason I don't want to see Sam Bradford take more snaps for the Rams.