2013 NFL Season

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This is too good not to be in the NFL thread as well.

omahaattack.gif

razzle_sl

shitlord
Apparently the NFL just released a new training video for officials of how NOT to officiate a football game.

The guy who made this video is full of shit calling the NFL "rigged", however, he does do a decent job of highlighting the impact of "minor" oversights and bad calls. Obviously in the end SF made critical mistakes that lost them the game.

Enjoy!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Apparently the NFL just released a new training video for officials of how NOT to officiate a football game.

The guy who made this video is full of shit calling the NFL "rigged", however, he does do a decent job of highlighting the impact of "minor" oversights and bad calls. Obviously in the end SF made critical mistakes that lost them the game.

Enjoy!
The refereeing was atrocious and inconsistent all season. Most people in this thread agree. Stupid playcalling and dumb mistakes led to that loss, not the refs. However, they really need to look at allowing the Bowman play to be reviewable in the offseason. It's fucking retarded that if the play had occurred in the endzone, it's reviewable, but in the field of play...nope.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The 49ers were a great team this year. Coming into the game I felt they were playing better but their quarterback really let them down that game. Any calls will be significant in a game with two teams that are so closely matched.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Even before the NFC Championship, I was getting very disenchanted with the NFL product due to the officiating. Now I don't put all of the blame on the refs themselves, I think the rulebook has become very bloated and convoluted and they are being trained to make calls a certain way (e.g. a pinky brushes a QB's head it is 15 yards or any DB hits pretty much any WR running a crossing route every, 15 yards). But these calls are just having such a huge impact on the outcome of games that the officiating has become way too much a part of the game and it isn't enjoyable as a fan.

As far as reviews, I'm with Belichick on this one, just allow everything period to be reviewable. Coaches only get two challenges per game so it isn't like we will be slowing things down that much and then when a guy makes a clean hit but a ref is trained to throw a flag any time a head moves, we have a chance to get it right.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The 49ers were a great team this year. Coming into the game I felt they were playing better but their quarterback really let them down that game. Any calls will be significant in a game with two teams that are so closely matched.
They weren't so closely matched. Aside from the tinfoil hat bs of calling the NFL rigged, he's pretty spot on in what a dramatic effect the bad officiating had on the 49ers.

But just like in MMA, if you don't want to get fucked by the judges, don't let it go to a decision.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
If Crabtree would have caught that pass I would have been trolling all my Seahawks friends "This is what you do when the refs are against you #winanyways"

As it stood, you can't turn the ball over 3 times in a half and expect to win, and the only finger pointing the Niners had any right to do was in the mirror. It's worth pointing out the refs were terrible but it isn't worth trying to blame that (or any) loss on the refs. Even the best refs, with the best replay rules and computers helping when and wherever possible are still not going to get everything 100% correct, nature of officiating.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider

Enjoy!

hahaha that is one butt hurt 49ers fan. SEE THIS DELAY OF GAME? THATS WHY HE FUMBLED THE BALL.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, NFL rigging it so the mighty fanbase of the Seachickens gets a Superbowl over the butthurt Niners and Broncos fans.

razzle_sl

shitlord
hahaha that is one butt hurt 49ers fan. SEE THIS DELAY OF GAME? THATS WHY HE FUMBLED THE BALL.
I believe his point was that without the error on the delay of game penalty, the 49ers would have run a completely different play. The kind where a fumble is not as likely. Joe Suck said the same thing.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, because there was a delay of game that probably shouldn't have been called, you can absolve the 49ers of any wrong doing on the subsequent play? Just don't fumble the ball. Blaming the refs for Kaepernick fumbling on the next play just kind of proves the point of butthurt.

razzle_sl

shitlord
So, because there was a delay of game that probably shouldn't have been called, you can absolve the 49ers of any wrong doing on the subsequent play? Just don't fumble the ball. Blaming the refs for Kaepernick fumbling on the next play just kind of proves the point of butthurt.
Still missing the point or maybe just trolling. The refs had nothing to do with Kaep fumbling the ball on the next play. The refs had everything to do with the 49ers having to run a completely different play. Without the call, it would have likely been a simple run play. Even with no conversion they would have had the option to punt.