2013 NFL Season

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If San Fran can't win the West and have to face Seattle in the playoffs, there is no chance of them making it back to the Super Bowl. Hell, if the Seattle D plays half that good in SF, Seattle will win there too. Hats off to Seattle, they seem legit...at least at home. Curious to see how well the play on the road the rest of the year.

moontayle

Golden Squire
The outcome of this game had a direct correlation to me winning my FF game this week. I had the Seattle kicker, they had the 49er defense. Won this week by 3 points.

Didn't watch the Dallas game since it wasn't on here. I did, however, watch 58 1/2 minutes of shitty football followed by 1 1/2 minutes of a team mired in futility giving an ailing football fanbase some misguided hope. I think the consensus here was something my wife said. "Carolina still has 2 seconds left. The Bills can still fuck this up."

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Hey there skippy, part of that "new super stud QB" class is the man in your avatar, and he fucking dominated today.
Yeah, lol that's why I didn't put class. Writers like to foam over Kaep, Wilson, RG, Luck, etc but Tanny's been extremely solid so far. Our boys have a very solid chance to beat Atl next week as well. Matty Slush doesn't like men in his face. They are also away from home and have wilted in the second half during both weeks. I like our odds.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
KC over SF in the SB. Alex Smith will beat Brady and Peyton on his way there, and then cram the ball down San Fran's throat. In the NFC, Seattle and San Fran will have a tight game for the championship, but Seattle will lose due to a blown call, setting up the epic showdown between tiny hands and Willie Beamen 2.0.
That's one fancy prediction considering KC won by one point over Dallas. But what the hell, I'll jump on board.

blumpster_sl

shitlord
That's one fancy prediction considering KC won by one point over Dallas. But what the hell, I'll jump on board.
I want to see Alex Smith succeed a little more is all. That guy has gotten a raw deal his entire career when scrubs like Mark Sanchez were praised while putting up terrible numbers on quality teams. The dude finally gets a good coach and team surrounding him, plays fantastically, and gets it all taken away. I feel bad for the QBs that are completely disregarded because they don't have bazooka arms. The position is about a lot more than throwing the ball 80 yards. Look at Peyton right now: doesn't really have much oomph or distance, but he's still top 5 QB because he knows how to play football. Jeff George could throw a magnificent ball and he didn't amount to anything more than mediocre. In fact, I think he had more INTs than TDs and ended his career with a losing W/L record all the while alienating almost every player he was on the field with because of his terrible attitude and disregard for the coaching staff. Everything I've heard about Smith is that he's a model athlete, excellent football player, student of the game, and all around nice guy. The only negative being he can't hurl the ball 100mph. He took getting benched last season like a champ. He deserves more than he's gotten out of the NFL.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SMAAASH!

ku-xlarge.gif

ExMQKD4.gif

edit: And I saw Tea offer the usual bet for tonight at some point. You is on. I suspect I will not be wearing my real avatar very often this season.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Player safety! Just don't use any curse words after your suplexes and body slams and its cool.

Lina_sl

shitlord
I was at work and missed The Brows @ the Ravens game.

The crap on yahoo news was not great, so, do tell, who was to blame for the only 6 points we scored?

Busted Ginger QB?

The other assholes in the offense?

The ghost of Art Modell?

Our defense is not too bad at least. Must find something to be positive about. I thought it would be worse.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Baltimore offense couldn't find its ass with both hands first half. We did have a couple drives into field goal position but Tucker uncharacteristically missed both, while Cundiff uncharacteristically made both of his including one from long! Was a very defensive game overall, almost reminded me of an old school Ravens/Steelers matchup with less awesome D and more boring D. Despite our long win streak we never generally have an easy time of the Browns. Our offense got better in the second half, seems like we adjusted on both sides and Cleveland could not. We controlled the clock and obviously 12 hits and 5 sacks in a close game is going to help swing it. Basically in the second half Baltimore stopped dropping passes and Cleveland started dropping them, plus a few decent plays on coverage breaking up passes. It was seriously all over when Weeden injured his throwing thumb and they put Jason Campbell in. Ugly game.

Lina_sl

shitlord
Thanks!

That sounds like a fair report.

So we're still having crap receivers, even if The QB is a busted ginger head. Trent Richardson is looking... not so 1st(3rd) round pick.

The conclusion is, I have nothing to cheer for, as I live near Cleveland, winter is coming(fall is not an option, thank you!)