2013 NFL Season

razzle_sl

shitlord
49er fans.. upset about NFC Championship loss, Sherman being a sore winner, opposing fans throwing food at injured player, questionable officiating

Duppin and Daezuel.. jealous that they don't have a championship loss to talk about because their teams are playing golf and making commercials for penis enlargement pills

Everyone else... Lets move on...

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Uh, *I* was the one that posted about the fans throwing food at Bowman. I think it's actually something that merits discussion and shaming.

Sherman just rustled lots of jimmies. Some of those are because he's a "thug" (we all know what that really means, but I'm not going to say it or opiate will have to edit his post), some of those are because 49ers fans are really really butthurt.

I hope that the Seahawks revoke any season ticket privileges that the people throwing food at Bowman might have.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
49er fans.. upset about NFC Championship loss, Sherman being a sore winner, opposing fans throwing food at injured player, questionable officiating

Duppin and Daezuel.. jealous that they don't have a championship loss to talk about because their teams are playing golf and making commercials for penis enlargement pills

Needed a little more Ricky Bobby.

dyNqbkg.gif

razzle_sl

shitlord
Uh, *I* was the one that posted about the fans throwing food at Bowman. I think it's actually something that merits discussion and shaming. Sherman just rustled lots of jimmies.
From what I saw in the video, it looked like it was the work of 1 fan. Pretty sad but we all have our bad apples. I just wish they would have reviewed some stadium cam footage and kicked the asshole out.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To the other thread. Since the season is over except for one overhyped game starring a media darling advertising whore on his way to the hall of fame, versus the Minnesota Vikings of the NFL's southern Alaskan wasteland region.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There has been talk about changing/removing extra points. Not sure it's as much of a settled thing as Jozu thinks, but it's definitely been discussed this season. One of the suggestions is to put the ball on the 1 instead of the 2, to make teams more likely to go for 2 points.

NFL considering proposal to abolish extra points - NFL.com
Just make everyone go for two if they feel the need to make a change, imho. Or maybe make it 3 points instead of 2 and move the extra point to the 10 yard line.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This sort of shit leads to crap like the current Ravens / Steelers rivalry, where cheap shots and dirty pool determine winners instead of hard nosed football.
Steelers/Ravens rules. Not sure what games you think are determined by dirty play and cheap shots. If you want a "rivalry" full of faggots playing games that don't matter go watch some NFC East games. If you want to watch real football watch Steelers/Ravens.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're just a run of the mill division rivalry!

edit: Both games this year were great. The rivalry is fine, the teams just didn't matter in a larger sense. When they get back to where these great close games are determining playoff seeding it will be even more finerer.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its mainly that it doesn't have that 6-3 final score hard hitting elite defensive matchup feel these days. Plus your coach is a dirty cheater.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Sherman could have said something like "You have to give it to the 49ers, they really showed up to play. They gave 110%. They're fierce competitors. bla bla bla" and other shitty cliches that make player interviews boring as hell, or he could say something completely awesome. He went with B.

Anyways, even though Sherman's my new man crush they're going to get slaughtered by Manning.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You should get into pro wrestling. All of their interviews are like that.

Well, you get the practiced cliches because "get the fuck out of my face" is what these guys would probably say most of the time, win or lose. So they have something ready to just shit out and then go directly to the locker room. Same as when they stop the coaches on the way to halftime. Half of the time you can literally track the coach's eyes..he's looking directly at the damned tunnel to get off the field and away from the asshole with the microphone.

I'm all for giving these guys a chance to take their pads off and shower before having to speak to the press.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
So really, the post game interview is not actually an interview that happens after a game. It is a test, evolved by society itself, to see if a man is capable of delivering the correct lines immediately after a big moment in their physical existence. It appears that Sherman failed that test in the eyes of those who agree that it should be a test in the first place. Society says we can't yell and scream in court or at church or the library or at Erin Andrews immediately after a football game. I believe it is Richard Sherman's fault for not knowing this ahead of time. It's not the end of the world or anything that he didn't know it, but he should have! *tsk tsk*

Rivalries are real always, but are only 'epic' rivalries when both teams are good. It's like saying the Cardinals have a rivalry with the Cubs. It's a nonsensical statement since the Cubs have never, ever, ever......ever been good.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, I was hoping all of the nonsense would have been over with in this thread by now, but since it continues I will give my opinion and leave it at that.

Sherman is, IMO, the hands down best CB in the league. He is also a classless prick. I thought he was arrogant before the now famed interview, and clearly that didn't change my opinion. However, I am also one of the people that hate ALL of the over the top celebration shit. The defender who makes a tackle and jumps up and stands there and stares at the crowd like he just made the best play ever? Yeah that guy is a fucking moron. The over the top TD celebrations? Stupid. I prefer the Barry Sanders of the world who simply went out and performed and didn't need to make a big deal of it other than to let their play speak for itself. I don't recall that guy ever having an over the top celebration.

So in short, act like you have been there before. Let your play on the field speak for how good of a player you are, not how loud you can be after you make a play or get a mic in front of your face.

That is just me, and maybe I am boring for that. Many people love the over the top celebrations, but I personally find them completely distasteful. And I am not even talking about the little ones like Cam Newton's or Kaepernicks TD celebrations. It is a small gesture and they move on. Show a small bit of humility and class, especially after a big win, and I find that far more respectful.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The idea that Richard Sherman is an amazing cornerback both physically and mentally, and that he is a colossal shitbag, are not mutually exclusive.

No one denies his talent, but even his incredible talent is less obvious than his brazen douchebaggery.

It is known.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Just make everyone go for two if they feel the need to make a change, imho. Or maybe make it 3 points instead of 2 and move the extra point to the 10 yard line.
Mostly agree the 2pt just doesn't have much advantage ATM to try for them except under very specific circumstances.

As far as the PAT goes its a bit to easy as is. I'd move it back to the 25 or something for 1 point.

Then make the 2 point a 3 point conversion. Give more incentive for teams to want to use it if held the same value as a FG.