2013 Oscar Nominations

Szlia

Giving the nod to a 5 year old for being a 5 year old and to the mixed bag performance of Emmanuelle Riva while snubbing the stupendous acting of Keira Knightley in Anna Karenina is perplexing.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I amshockedthat Beasts of the Southern Wilds broke through after being largely ignored by the other awards groups; hell, even Behn Zeitlin got a directing nod, knocking people like Ben Affleck (Argo) out of the picture.

It's odd how, with Argo and Zero Dark Thirty not getting best director nods, the race has so clearly split into the "popular" candidate in Silver Linings Playbook (nominated in virtually every category it could be), the "oscar-bait" candidate in Lincoln, and the "English/art" candidate in Les Miserables.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I had no idea Zero Dark Thirty was that good of a movie. Might actually have to see it now.
dont bother. it's awful. slow, uneventful and completely void of any excitement. probably much like the actual OBL hunt

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I checked the list out of curiosity, but it just made me all the more glad I don't care about the Oscars.

I have no hope whatsoever for these awards, but at least give Christoph Waltz the Best Supporting Actor.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Of the best films, I've seen

Amour
Argo
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Django Unchained
Les Miserables
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Silver Linings Playbook
Zero Dark Thirty

So I guess I'm doin better then many here. I don't get the Zero Dark Thirty hate by some, I thought it was a pretty good movie, I think a lot just expected it to be aguns blazing moderm military movie and there was a lot more to it then that. On that list I would put it between Django and Silver Linings. On that list I think Life of Pi is totally overrated and Les Miserables was okay but it's no best film of the year.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I don't get the Zero Dark Thirty hate by some, I thought it was a pretty good movie, I think a lot just expected it to be aguns blazing moderm military movie and there was a lot more to it then that.
Yeah, there was more to it than that. But when it came down to the actual raid, it was the most boring fucking raid ever. I understand there wasn't much creative license to be taken there, but that's not my problem. Movie was boring as shit and all the Jessica Chastain parts could not help that.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I can see that I guess, maybe It's just my affinity to movies based on real events that caused me to like it so much.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I also feel Les Miserables or Life of Pi needs to be replaced on that list by Flight. I don't think Flight should win but I feel it deserves a nod.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
family guy is a terrible show. he is deserving of the hack title.
Eh, Family Guy may have taken a nosedive after the first few seasons, but American Dad was still hysterical through Season 7. Haven't watched any Season 8 yet. The guy may be hit or miss, but he can bring the funny better than most.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Eh, Family Guy may have taken a nosedive after the first few seasons, but American Dad was still hysterical through Season 7. Haven't watched any Season 8 yet. The guy may be hit or miss, but he can bring the funny better than most.
American Dad is great, its no surprise that he has zero to do with it anymore aside from providing the voices.

The 2 he is still involved with hands on (Cleveland Show and Family Guy) are beyond awful.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DiCaprio not getting a nod for Django is typical. Guess he needs to make Titanic 2: The Titanic'ing.

SLP is a very good movie, but the nominations for it are utter bullshit.
He would have been up for supporting, I have to imagine two actors in the same movie in the same category is pretty rare, and there would be no way he deserves the nod over waltz.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
American Dad is great, its no surprise that he has zero to do with it anymore aside from providing the voices.

The 2 he is still involved with hands on (Cleveland Show and Family Guy) are beyond awful.
He's still a writter for American Dad.

Also Ted was super awesome.

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Another year, another typical ensemble for Best Picture. Do you feel it cheapens the award when you are pretty much making the movie just to get award noms?

Im also shocked Ben Affleck didnt get a Best Director nom though for Argo, I thought it was a very well done movie.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Never heard of Silver Linings Playbook but I just looked up the plot and it sounds terrible.