2013 Oscar Nominations

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pitt isn't great most of the time, but he killed it in Snatch, 12 monkeys and Fight Club. He normally does better when he's not paired with a more talented actor, as Tom Cruise showed in Interview and Christoph showed in Inglorious

Leo and Day-Lewis are definitely 'swiss army knives' of acting. There's not a role out there I think they're incapable of and they've both done a fantastic job in choosing roles for themselves. I can't imagine another person on the planet doing justice to the TWBB part

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not that he should have be nominated but Pitt in Burn after Reading was awesome. Do actors really care about winning an oscar? TBH the actors that seem 1 dimensional like Keanu Reeves or Cruise can act very well they just take certain roles and im glad. They might not be ground breaking but typically love there films. IMO Cruise > Depp/Caprio when you look at Born of 4th of July, Vanilla Sky, Rain Man, Magnolia, Few good men, Jerry Maguire, Collateral, Legend, Interview ect. Tom cruise was robbed much more than Leo

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really? Because I hate both of the actors you just mentioned, mainly because they're pretty shitty at acting.

DiCaprio shits all over both of them.

And I still can't believe the lack of love for Christian Bale. Dude is incredible in every role.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Tom Cruise is definitely a hugely underrated actor. He gets a ton of flak because he's a total nutter in his personal life. The guy is a stellar actor, however. Collateral is one of my favorite movies, simply because of his role in that movie.

With that said, DiCaprio in "Revolutionary Road" is probably the single greatest acting performance I've seen. The range he shows in that movie is fucking ridiculous. DDL in "There Will Be Blood" is a close second, especially the "milkshake" speech.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lmao the Bale impression is awesome, the Morgan Freeman one is terrible. He kind of sounds like Howard Stern when Bale is yelling and cursing, though. Morgan Freeman just sounds like... Will Ferrell with an accent or something, idk. Still funny as hell, though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
saw argo tonight. it was good. i was entertained. i liked the characters. only nitpick i have is the iranians at the end which seemed pretty damned competent through the movie all of a sudden turned into a keystone kops slapstick routine.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Pitt isn't great most of the time, but he killed it in Snatch, 12 monkeys and Fight Club. He normally does better when he's not paired with a more talented actor, as Tom Cruise showed in Interview and Christoph showed in Inglorious
He acted with Anthony Hopkins in 'Legends of the Fall' and 'Meet Joe Black', he also did 'Seven' with Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey. I don't think that he was clearly out of place with any of those three. Brad Pitt has done a lot of quality work in my opinion, from 'A River Runs Through It' onward, that movie is awesome.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
saw ZDT yesterday and i still can't figure out why Jessica Chastain was nominated.....but yeah whatever

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think she did a pretty good job depicting a person fresh-faced into government service and the jaded look people get after years of working for the government. I don't know how much of it was makeup and how much of it was directing... but I feel like she "aged" 10 years during that movie. And yes, I know lots of people who spent a huge number of years assigned to do 1 particular something, become experts on it, 8 hours a day, every day for 40+ hours a week, not encumbered by things like office politics, a social life, or home life that you get with many jobs, only later to be told that what they were doing was no longer important/required/useful... saw it happen first hand.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Seriously? Cause her performance shits all over Jennifer Lawrence's... in every aspect.
i second that.but it's not very difficult to do better than jennifer lawrence,it was a fucking romantic comedy/drama