2013 VGX Awards (Formerly known as the VGAs)

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
No Saints 4 makes this more of a joke than it is.

p.s. I wish I was as rich as Sean so I could afford even half that number of new full price games!

Sean_sl

shitlord
No Saints 4 makes this more of a joke than it is.

p.s. I wish I was as rich as Sean so I could afford even half that number of new full price games!
Not sure how anyone couldnotafford all of that. That's only like $1600-1700 worth of games over the entire year. I live off about 8k a year and most of that goes to rent & utilities and general living stuff.

Stop going to the bar, restaurants, and movies constantly I guess?

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
The voice actresses is the toughest category for me to select from. After much debate, I'd have to go with Camilla Luddigton from Tomb Raider. Flawless, in my opinion. All of them did such a great job though.

I hate these awards sometimes because of exactly what's happening this year. Almost every single category is GTAV, Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite or Tomb Raider. Yes, great games, but fucking every single category? Fuck's sake.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If ni no kuni doesn't win fuck everyone. Absolute fucking masterpiece. How in the shitloving fuck can you even put FF14 on the same list.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The voice actresses is the toughest category for me to select from. After much debate, I'd have to go with Camilla Luddigton from Tomb Raider. Flawless, in my opinion. All of them did such a great job though.

I hate these awards sometimes because of exactly what's happening this year. Almost every single category is GTAV, Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite or Tomb Raider. Yes, great games, but fucking every single category? Fuck's sake.
Yeah, female VA is a tough choice.

And they definitely need to diversify categories. All of these same games filling up all of these different categories is dumb. And the different platforms should be Exclusives Only.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Even though this scene didn't make it into the game it sold me on Bioshock Infinite before release. She wins best voice actress for me.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I live off about 8k a year and most of that goes to rent & utilities and general living stuff. Stop going to the bar, restaurants, and movies constantly I guess?
I don't remember where you live but 8k a year would barely even get me a closet with a bucket to shit in. Your yearly game total is my monthly cost of living and is mainly the reason my last 3 or 4 game purchases have all been humble bundles, haha. I'm married, too, I don't even go out anymore!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not sure how anyone couldnotafford all of that. That's only like $1600-1700 worth of games over the entire year. I live off about 8k a year and most of that goes to rent & utilities and general living stuff.

Stop going to the bar, restaurants, and movies constantly I guess?
Fucking lol.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I don't remember where you live but 8k a year would barely even get me a closet with a bucket to shit in. Your yearly game total is my monthly cost of living and is mainly the reason my last 3 or 4 game purchases have all been humble bundles, haha. I'm married, too, I don't even go out anymore!
A little town in SW Washington. Living expenses aren't too bad, but I literally never go out or do anything except 1-2 times a year with my parents, same with movies. I also don't have a smartphone or cable, just DSL and a Landline. I don't subscribe to any streaming services at all and just download everything. I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs. I onlyextremely rarelydo fast food or take out. All of that shit adds up to a lot real fast.

People take for granted how much they spend on other luxuries constantly when they say they can't afford games. Go out to dinner? There's a game. Go out to the bar? There's a game. Eat fast food and/or take out repeatedly during the week? There's another game.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can afford games but trust me its fucking ridiculous to try to explain to a wife that you want to buy $1700 worth of video games

Sean_sl

shitlord
I can afford games but trust me its fucking ridiculous to try to explain to a wife that you want to buy $1700 worth of video games
Find leverage! Count out whatever woman she surely spends just as much on (if not far more) and use it as justification.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Fuck, I just realized there's like no game releases between now and February. On the plus side, now I have plenty of time to catch up on all those 3DS RPGs that I missed.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Fuck, I just realized there's like no game releases between now and February. On the plus side, now I have plenty of time to catch up on all those 3DS RPGs that I missed.
Or do things like pick up a copy of RE6 for PS3 and dominate it with a competent partner! Competent, not desperate! Seriously, not desperate at all.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel a little bad forThe Last of UsandBioshock: Infinite. Any other year, I think they'd easily win game of the year, but we all know GTAV is sure to dominate that category.

First, VGX is fucking stupid and someone deserves to be punched in the face for the name change.
I don't know. Considering what it's become, dropping the "A" for "awards" seems appropriate.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A little town in SW Washington. Living expenses aren't too bad, but I literally never go out or do anything except 1-2 times a year with my parents, same with movies. I also don't have a smartphone or cable, just DSL and a Landline. I don't subscribe to any streaming services at all and just download everything. I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs. I onlyextremely rarelydo fast food or take out. All of that shit adds up to a lot real fast.

People take for granted how much they spend on other luxuries constantly when they say they can't afford games. Go out to dinner? There's a game. Go out to the bar? There's a game. Eat fast food and/or take out repeatedly during the week? There's another game.
Maybe it's just cause we're both playing AC4 but I'm surprised you don't pirate more. I know you value your physical copies of shit but shit, we play a lot of games man.