2013 VGX Awards (Formerly known as the VGAs)

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Why the hate with the date? What games are still coming out this year, and why wouldn't you think the game reviewers that vote for these things wouldn't be able to play release candidates for them at this point anyway?

Honestly, the only thing that jumps out at me is PC game. I find it telling that Starcraft 2B isn't anywhere, but yeah, as much as I like to see indie-ish games get recognition, DOTA2 not bouncing one of those entries is odd.

Zaphid, what's with the hate? Theshowis a joke, yes, but thenominations and winnersrecently have been pretty justified.

Edit:

inb4 1997?
I don't think game criticism can shake off the feel that it's just a PR stunt and you get more valuable information asking people you know personally/on forums, at least in my eyes. I like RPS's 20 games of Christmas, where they basically say: These things stuck around in our heads during this year. There's also a big gap between what NA plays and what Europe/Asia play, but that's off topic. Also I wouldn't call it hate, more like indifference, I won't make any further effort to bash the awards, because that would imply I care about them (yes, I know I contradict myself a bit, but I'm not a robot)

Sean_sl

shitlord
Maybe it's just cause we're both playing AC4 but I'm surprised you don't pirate more. I know you value your physical copies of shit but shit, we play a lot of games man.
I would just rather spend what little I have on games and support the developers.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Blood Dragon isn't even DLC. It's a stand alone game and an amazing one at that.

Maybe they need a new category for stuff like that like "Best Digital-Only Game"

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The VGX has started streaming now, with some preshow stuff on Thief.

For some reason, Spike isn't airing their own awards show, but they have a stream on their website.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
How could we make Borderlands more boring...I KNOW LETS MAKE IT A POINT AND CLICK ADVENTURE!!!

Needless

Toe Sucker
Guise, Guise.

The Wii U has limitless potential graphically!11!11!11!

Why the fuck is Joel McHale there? haha

Needless

Toe Sucker
somebody needs to go through this from start to finish and start an "Uh" counter

This is soooooooo awful lmao

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This entire thing is a sham.

Q5ZPSC9.png

I want my time back.