2013 VGX Awards (Formerly known as the VGAs)

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yes, VGX is fucking stupid and someone deserves to be punched in the face for the name change. Yes, doing this shit before December is over still fucking retarded. Yes, VGAs are still dumb and mostly only there to be used for future advertising. Yes, the name VGX makes a mockery out of all of us, but it's the only fucking awards show we have.

Yes, the only thing interesting about the VGAs is that there are exclusive trailers and previews during them which will all be on Gametrailers anyways so you don't actually have to sit through it.

Nominees announced:VGX 2013 | The Next Generation Of Video Game Awards | Live December 7 | SPIKE

Game of the Year:

• BioShock Infinite
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • The Last of Us
  • Tomb Raider

Studio of the Year:

• Irrational Games
  • Naughty Dog
  • Rockstar North
  • The Fullbright Company

Most Anticipated Game (voted on by fans):

• Destiny
  • Titanfall
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Watch Dogs

Best Shooter:

• Battlefield 4
  • BioShock Infinite
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Metro: Last Light

Best Independent Game:

• Gone Home
  • Kentucky Route Zero
  • Papers, Please
  • The Stanley Parable

Best Action Adventure Game:

• Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • The Last of Us
  • Tomb Raider

Best Sports Game:

• FIFA 14
  • MLB 13: The Show
  • NBA 2K14
  • NHL 14

Best RPG:

• Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • Pokemon X/Y

Best Fighting Game:

• Divekick
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • Killer Instinct
  • Tekken Revolution

Best Driving Game:

• F1 2013
  • Grid 2
  • Forza Motorsport 5
  • Need for Speed Rivals

Best DLC:

• Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
  • Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  • Mast Effect 3: Citadel

Best Xbox Game:

• BioShock Infinite
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Tomb Raider

Best PlayStation Game:

• Grand Theft Auto V
  • Rayman Legends
  • The Last of Us
  • Tomb Raider

Best Nintendo Game:

• Pikmin 3
  • Rayman Legends
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • The Wonderful 101

Best PC Game:

• Battlefield 4
  • Gone Home
  • Papers, Please
  • The Stanley Parable

Best Handheld Game:

• Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Pokemon X/Y
  • Tearaway
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Best Casual Game:

• Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Disney Infinity
  • Plants vs. Zombies 2
  • Skylanders Swap Force

Best Voice Actor:

• Troy Baker (as Joel in The Last of Us)
  • Troy Baker (as Booker DeWitt in BioShock Infinite)
  • Steven Ogg (as Trevor Philips in Grand Theft Auto V)
  • Willem Dafoe (as Nathan Dawkins in Beyond: Two Souls)

Best Voice Actress:

• Ashley Johnson (as Ellie in The Last of Us)
  • Courtnee Draper (as Elizabeth in BioShock Infinite)
  • Camilla Luddington (as Lara Croft in Tomb Raider)
  • Ellen Page (as Jodie Holmes in Beyond: Two Souls)

Best Soundtrack:

• BioShock Infinite
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • The Last of Us

Best Song in a Game:

• "A.D.H.D." performed by Kendrick Lamar (Grand Theft Auto V)
  • "Sleepwalking" performed by The Chain Gang of 1974 (Grand Theft Auto V)
  • "Survival" performed by Eminem (Call of Duty: Ghosts)
  • "Will the Circle be Unbroken" performed by Courtnee Draper & Troy Baker (BioShock Infinite)

You can find out more atVGX 2013 | The Next Generation Of Video Game Awards | Live December 7 | SPIKE. There, you can vote for your most anticipated game.

You'll be able to watch the VGX proceedings starting at 6 pm on December 7, 2013. You'll be catch it on Xbox One, Xbox Live, PlayStation 3, Twitch, VGXLive.com, Hulu, Yahoo Screen, Spike.com, ComedyCentral.com, MTV.com, MTV2.com, BET.com, and GameTrailers.com.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
First, VGX is fucking stupid and someone deserves to be punched in the face for the name change. Second, this shit shouldn't happen till the end of January.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
First, VGX is fucking stupid and someone deserves to be punched in the face for the name change. Second, this shit shouldn't happen till the end of January.
VGX buff needs to be cast right before the holidays to maximize christmas crit?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Last of Us should win in every category it is nominated.

Why are shared games in the "best of console" categories? If they specify the platform in the award, then you'd think they would have to list exclusives there.

Far Cry blood dragon isn't a DLC either, it is a standalone game. Might be based heavily on the base game, and originally be intended as a DLC, but it isn't.

Not seen one of these shows in ages. SPIKE is the network they are on though right? I remember seeing it when I went to school in the US. For some reason it seemed like Samuel Jackson always made an appearance when I flipped past the show (impossible to watch live shows in the US with the amount of commercials).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Heh, looking at that list makes me feel like 2013 was not a great year for games. I guess one should expect that of a year before new consoles get released.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
No Dota 2 among PC games and no Shadow Warrior among shooters ? Oh fuck off

This is as much attention I'm going to give them, sadly reddit will be full of that crap
frown.png

Sean_sl

shitlord
Heh, looking at that list makes me feel like 2013 was not a great year for games. I guess one should expect that of a year before new consoles get released.
I personally had an amazing year.

The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, GTAV, Ni no Kuni, DmC, Metal Gear Rising, Atelier Ayesha, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Bioshock Infinite, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Dead Island: Riptide, Resident Evil: Revelations, Deadpool, Time and Eternity, Tales of Xillia, Dragon's Crown, Killer is Dead, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix, Disgaea D2, Batman AO & AO Blackgate, The Guided Fate Paradox, Knack, Killzone Shadow Fall, Assassin's Creed 4.

Those are all games that I bought this year and I have enjoyed them all quite a bit. Plus, I'll be getting a 3DS this week and will have the new Zelda (which is getting amazing as fuck reviews) and some other awesome games that came out this year and haven't played yet since I didn't have a 3DS like Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon X/Y, and Shin Megami Tensei 4.

If this year was not a great year for games then man, I want to see a great year.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Why the hate with the date? What games are still coming out this year, and why wouldn't you think the game reviewers that vote for these things wouldn't be able to play release candidates for them at this point anyway?

Honestly, the only thing that jumps out at me is PC game. I find it telling that Starcraft 2B isn't anywhere, but yeah, as much as I like to see indie-ish games get recognition, DOTA2 not bouncing one of those entries is odd.

Zaphid, what's with the hate? Theshowis a joke, yes, but thenominations and winnersrecently have been pretty justified.

Edit:
If this year was not a great year for games then man, I want to see a great year.
inb4 1997?

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tomb Raider was probably my favorite game of the year that came out on Xbox anyway. I would have liked a few more extras once you beat the game though, seemed you could 100% it quite easily. Also having some more "tombs" would have been enjoyable because who doesn't love doing puzzles in a 3D world. I don't own a PS3 so I can't really comment on Last of Us.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I personally had an amazing year.

The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, GTAV, Ni no Kuni, DmC, Metal Gear Rising, Atelier Ayesha, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Bioshock Infinite, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Dead Island: Riptide, Resident Evil: Revelations, Deadpool, Time and Eternity, Tales of Xillia, Dragon's Crown, Killer is Dead, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix, Disgaea D2, Batman AO & AO Blackgate, The Guided Fate Paradox, Knack, Killzone Shadow Fall, Assassin's Creed 4.

Those are all games that I bought this year and I have enjoyed them all quite a bit. Plus, I'll be getting a 3DS this week and will have the new Zelda (which is getting amazing as fuck reviews) and some other awesome games that came out this year and haven't played yet since I didn't have a 3DS like Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon X/Y, and Shin Megami Tensei 4.

Those are some good games, maybe I'm just getting old but I'm only excited about a few of them.

It probably doesn't help that some of the games you listed I'm excited about I can't play yet ! (GTAV, AC4).

Sean_sl

shitlord
Why the hate with the date?
I'm still annoyed as shit about last year where Far Cry 3 was arbitrarily cut out of it, despite reviewers having fully played through it for a month already, and it should have swept a lot of the awards. Some of the judges called that shit out too and were pretty annoyed by it.

Sure, this year doesn't have anything in early December, but lots of years do and it should be held around mid to late December at the earliest.

Szlia

I find it amusing that 3 of the 4 titles in the Best PC Game category are indies. As much as The Stanley Parable is an amusing little thing and Kentucky Road Zero is a fever dream packed with brilliance, I hope the absolute genius on display inPapers, Pleasewill be rewarded.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I find it amusing that 3 of the 4 titles in the Best PC Game category are indies. As much as The Stanley Parable is an amusing little thing and Kentucky Road Zero is a fever dream packed with brilliance, I hope the absolute genius on display inPapers, Pleasewill be rewarded.
I never heard of papers, please and just looked it up. I don't get it, you just check passports? It seems boring as hell.

Szlia

The genius is in the writing and in an extremely clever game design that insidiously turns you into a dehumanizing monster and/or make you face dilemmas that make a mockery of Molyneux-style morality systems. The choice is not between good and evil, the choice is between refusing entry to a refugee that does not have the proper paperwork or risking to get a fine that will prevent you from buying medicine for your son. Stressful, clever, funny, satirical, the game is really brilliant, even if the core of it all is a timed observation puzzle.

And I am not alone in thinking that:Papers, Please for PC Reviews - Metacritic

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
For me, choosing between The Last of Us and Tomb Raider for GOTY is really really tough.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuck VGX or any Spike Video Game awards show. It doesn't even deserve a thread. Rickshaw this shit.