2015 NHL Playoffs Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, Chicago laid a glistening turd last night, too. Well done!
I can only imagine how much better the Caps would be if Mcphee hadn't been a fucking idiot and traded Forsberg for Martin Erat. (although we did get Latta as well, but 4th liner hardly makes up for it)

Araxen

The Rangers have the second best goal song in the league. The Predators on the other hand have the gayest one in the league.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The pace of this Montreal/Ottawa game is amazing. That was a fast period! Montreal is just not penetrating and going to the net, and now they're behind by two on home ice to start the second period. sheeeet.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Rangers are playing amazing. If Fleury steals this fucking game I swear....

Edit: okay I take it back. Much better period, could of gone either way.

Merrith

I'm torn...I want Pens and Rags to beat each other up for 7 games, but I can't not hope the Pens suffer soul crushing defeat in OT while the home crowd roars approval.

Merrith

I know Fleury was pissed about that goal, but no way he can be faulted for this playoff exit. He was great all series. All 5 games decided by 1 goal. Pens might have gone down in 5, but it was a lot closer than that.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Penguins the first to be eliminated. Given the injury damage to that team, it isn't so surprising. And you are right, Merrith. This playoff exit is entirely not on Fleury.

Merrith

Penguins the first to be eliminated. Given the injury damage to that team, it isn't so surprising. And you are right, Merrith. This playoff exit is entirely not on Fleury.
Did you mean in the East? Cause Jets were already swept.

Merrith

Well, got one series drastically wrong already, I had Ducks in 7 and they swept. Nailed Rags in 5 though.

Caps/Flames/Blackhawks all up 3-2 and I called all 3 to win in 6 games. Tampa already blew my 5 games prediction, but still think they'll win the series. Ottawa trying to keep my dream of that series going 7 (though with Habs winning) alive...and I have Blues/Wild going 7 as well (with Blues winning).

Malakriss

We're in one of those "Everyone picked the Ducks and the Rags, and they won!" pools. Nice variety guys.

Merrith

We're in one of those "Everyone picked the Ducks and the Rags, and they won!" pools. Nice variety guys.
I was more trying to get the # of games right in those two series as well. I figured Rags would handle the Pens pretty easily (they are the one team in the East that has a lot less flaws than the other 7), although I really thought Winnipeg was a tough team to play against and would push the Ducks to the limit. It could have gone a lot differently, each of first 3 games Jets had leads going into the 3rd period.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I picked the right avatar!

As far as picks go, I already have three wrong in terms of games played.

So angry with myself, I slept in late today and apparently missed out on free Isles/caps tickets. Gonna be a great game either way, but I think I have to root for the Isles this time.

Merrith

Fitting I only get home to see us pull Holtby and give up the empty netter.