2015 NHL Playoffs Thread

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Happy for Kimmo, echos the Ray Bourque story but he never had the popularity of Ray. He held it down on the backend for years though.
Hmm... not to be to picky here but ray bourque is a legend, always part of the conversation of the best D man to ever play hockey... Kimmo isnt even in the same galaxy :\ still happy for the guy, but it's like comparing apples and oranges.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
The other thing with Timonen is that he barely played in the playoffs. He was playing less than 10 minutes a night, sometimes only 5 (Kimmo Timonen, Blackhawks - Game log - NHL.com - Players). And in his 34 games with the Hawks, both playoff and regular season, he had a grand total of 0 points. Bourque, while he was well past his prime, put up 10 points in 21 playoff games with the Avalanche, and 59 points in the regular season. It's a nice story that Timonen got to lift the Cup, but the parallels with Bourque pretty much end there. Timonen will be a trivia question in a couple years, everyone who follows hockey will remember Bourque.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think anyone was really trying to equate Kimmo's going out a Cup winner to Borque's legendary run with the Avs, simply noting he's another guy who had a really solid career and got close a couple times but finally goes out a winner. Regardless of the how much or little he played it's still a nice story for a good player. I don't think Kimmo will end up in the Hall or anything, but I know quite a few Flyers fans that were pretty happy for the guy.

Araxen

Timmo was a terrible tradeline trade for the Hawks. It just tells you how bad Cuminskey and Rundblad played that Q decided to play him over them. Of course Q loves to play the vets over the younger players too so you can add a dash of that in there too.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I don't think anyone was really trying to equate Kimmo's going out a Cup winner to Borque's legendary run with the Avs, simply noting he's another guy who had a really solid career and got close a couple times but finally goes out a winner. Regardless of the how much or little he played it's still a nice story for a good player. I don't think Kimmo will end up in the Hall or anything, but I know quite a few Flyers fans that were pretty happy for the guy.
thats pretty much what I meant. Bourque is top 3 or 5 all time. But I don't know anyone that wasn't happy to see Kimmo lift the Cup on his way out. Just a quality person and nice guy who played hard.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Black Hawks going to blow up this off season due to salaries?
There will be some fat cut just as after each of the two previous championships but the team is deep regardless and has a gem or two expecting to come up from the minors for next year. As long as this team has the Captain of all things and Kaner they will remain a threat.

Killswitch

N00b
This season friend of mine turned me on to the Youtuber Steve Dangle. This guys makes some great videos through out the season.

Araxen

Andrew Desjardins:
rrr_img_102598.jpg