2015 NHL Playoffs Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Scary thing is Chicago is doing this playing really only 4.5 D men. They're one of only 2 teams in the playoffs (Calgary is the other) to only have 5 D men averaging more than 10 minutes of ice time a game. Keith is a goddamn freak of nature.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I would of much prefered it if the Rangers only rolled 4 defenseman those last 2 games instead of having McD, Girardi, and Staal limping around out there not chasing pucks. Sadly Klein never truly looked himself either since comming back after a few months against the Caps. As if old man Boyle could handle that kind of ice time anyway...

Still salty as fuck.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, baby. Chicago is really putting on pressure, and it results in a goal. This is a really fun game to watch.

I so hope Chicago gets the cup at home tonight.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
feel bad for the lightning kids, they are an exciting team to watch, but Chicago is just stacked.

TB held down our stars for most of the series. But the Blackhawk depth is just really hard to deal with. Plus our d men have played out of their minds for most of this series. Bolts played a great series.

Also crow did what he usually did in the playoffs which is become a Damn wall. Sure he plays pretty average during/ the regular season but he steps up when it matters.

Blackhawk dynasty!

Ripped off reddit because I was too lazy to look it up myself.

Jonathan Toews
3 Stanley Cup's
2 Olympic Golds
2 World U20's
1 World Championship

And still only 27.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Happy for Kimmo, echos the Ray Bourque story but he never had the popularity of Ray. He held it down on the backend for years though.

Merrith

Kings have had a great run last couple of years before this one, but Chicago has truly taken over the crown from the Red Wings at this point as the franchise to emulate. Tampa is going to be scary with virtually all of their team intact as well. Pretty great season, now the long fucking wait until next year. At least the draft and free agency will help pass time until football starts as well. This next month or two is such a barren time of sports for me.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kings have had a great run last couple of years before this one, but Chicago has truly taken over the crown from the Red Wings at this point as the franchise to emulate. Tampa is going to be scary with virtually all of their team intact as well. Pretty great season, now the long fucking wait until next year. At least the draft and free agency will help pass time until football starts as well. This next month or two is such a barren time of sports for me.
Not taking anything away from chicago's cap management, but teams can't emulate Keith and hossa's contracts.

Merrith

Not taking anything away from chicago's cap management, but teams can't emulate Keith and hossa's contracts.
This is true of course, but it's not like Chicago hasn't had to move a good portion of their team because of cap issues. After their 1st Cup of this little run they had to move quite a few guys out, and still retooled to come back and win 2 more.

Funny how Hossa lost in 2 straight Finals after leaving Pittsburgh to go to Detroit to "win one", only to be on the losing side both times...to later have won 3 in Chicago.