2015 RR March Madness Bracket Challenge

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pretty much, honestly that's what makes it so great to watch. Anything can happen

It's also why I can't stand to read articles about how only certain teams can win the tournament. Every team but Kentucky has lost this season, why do they think it can't happen again? And Kentucky was taken to double OT by VT, they are hardly invincible.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'd generally say if any 1-4 seeded team wins the tournament, that's not any kind of upset or surprise, so there's 16 teams that could realistically win it. Once you get a winner thats lower than a 4, that starts to get into legit upset/shocking territory.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
ISU isn't a bad defensive team they're just small and they will have issues with Gonzaga and Duke (if they get past Gonzaga) because of it.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just filled out my bracket in 2 minutes with no research. I feel pretty confident.
You aren't alone there. I threw up some great picks - based on countless hours of not watching or reading about college basketball this year - like Notre Dame winning it all and NDSU pulling off this year's OMFG upset.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
That's usually who ends up winning. Our office pool is often won by a random woman who just picks teams by mascots or colors or something. It's infuriating.
My wife had me fill out for her based on mascots, she has ND and Albany in the final game.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Notre Dame tried real hard to totally fuck my bracket in the first game, now Iowa State is trying the same.

Faltigoth

Right off the bat, UAB takes a long, lingering piss on most of the world's brackets.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I really like ISU as well, but the problems with teams like that who are great offensively but suspect defensively(also BYU, Oregon, Notre Dame, Davidson, Indiana, etc) is that it's likely that you're going to eventually have a bad shooting game, and then you're just done.
I didn't take my own goddamn advice

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Must be something to this picking my mascot, my wife picked UAB in her bracket over Iowa State. I picked Iowa State in mine

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
UAB does have a badass mascot. I'm happy for them though, their school gets the terrible news that the football team is being disbanded just a couple months ago, and now they have what might end up being the biggest upset of the tournament fall their way.

Tenks

My buddy who is huge in the NCAABB had Iowa St going Final 4. Was talking them up a ton to me about how fun they are to watch and everything. He's not happy right now lol.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I had them in the final 4 as well. That side of the bracket is pretty weak, with Gonzaga as the #2, and Duke(who is always prone to horrible upsets, it seems) as the #1, I thought Iowa State had a good chance of making it out of there. Not so much.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Baylor with 13 turnovers in 25 minutes of play so far...they're trying their best to lose as well