2016 Olympics. - Brazil

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I'm watching the opening ceremony, the athletes are walking out, it's taking forever . . . but Damn, there's some hot chicks there

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Do you guys look at any of the obscure events like the trampoline or handball? I saw some shit where this girl was literally just rolling a bowling ball around her body. I'm like WTF?

Some of the "sports" seem like a real stretch to me, but what do I know.

Synchronized swimming may be entertaining but I don't see any of the sport aspect to it. Personally I think all sports in the olympics should be timed or at least definitive, first one to get there, lift the most, jump the highest etc.. wins. Get rid of the scoring.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Still think it is funny how the USA men's and woman's basketball teams are staying on a luxury cruiseliner, basically giving a big 'fuck you' to all other athletes that are basically enduring living in a 1-star hotel. USA Olympic committee should've just footed the bill for another cruise-liner for the rest of the athletes to stay in.

dfgi0db.jpg

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think the cruise liner thing has happened before. Maybe china?

• 1Like

Ryanz

<Banned>
The only thing I'm excited about when the Olympics roll around is women's soccer. If the US mens team ever had a chance I'd lump them into that as well. Aside from that...just seeing how badly this Rio shit show turns out in general should be quite interesting.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Some of the "sports" seem like a real stretch to me, but what do I know.

Synchronized swimming may be entertaining but I don't see any of the sport aspect to it. Personally I think all sports in the olympics should be timed or at least definitive, first one to get there, lift the most, jump the highest etc.. wins. Get rid of the scoring.

That's why I feel like the Olympics is a joke. I bet a lot of people could just find some obscure sport that no one actually plays. Practice a bit and you could suddenly become a medalist.

I'm watching the opening ceremony, the athletes are walking out, it's taking forever . . . but Damn, there's some hot chicks there

Figure young women who are in good physical shape, and it makes sense. That's basically the only thing that could make a woman that age unattractive, is being out of shape; barring physical deformities?

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Still think it is funny how the USA men's and woman's basketball teams are staying on a luxury cruiseliner, basically giving a big 'fuck you' to all other athletes that are basically enduring living in a 1-star hotel. USA Olympic committee should've just footed the bill for another cruise-liner for the rest of the athletes to stay in.

That's not because of the shit accommodations. They've done it a bunch for the "dream team" for security reasons and to protect from being swamped by fan in olympic village. Brazil only more so justifies protected living for a bunch of millionaire superstars.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Wanted to make this a seperate post. WHAT THE FUCK is with the USA outfit? We look like we should be with god damn France, while Puerto Rico and Liberia are rocking the fuckin Red White and Blue the way we should.

I want eagles and trucker hats and blue jeans and shit.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member

dfgi0db.jpg

With the Australian team, Basketballer ( NBA player ) Andrew Bogut is staying in the Athlete's village. I'm sure he has enough money to afford to stay where ever he wants. So is doing it to properly BE a part of the team. Good for him.

He did complain that the bed wasn't big enough for him, he's 7' 2"

You could say, what did he expect. But then you can also say that the organizers would know that they need to comfortable house and bed a number of tall and very tall people.

• 1Like

Szlia

That's why I feel like the Olympics is a joke. I bet a lot of people could just find some obscure sport that no one actually plays. Practice a bit and you could suddenly become a medalist.

China made a concerted effort to do that for the Beijing Olympics in an attempt to maximize their medal count. Along the building of the infrastructures they tried to reorient athletes toward sports they felt was less competitive (notably BMX if my memory serves me well). I don't think that worked so well.

Also, among the criteria for a sport to become, remain or stop being an olympic sport is the number of practitioners (along with world-wide representation, historicity, how telegenic the sport is and also anti dopping policies). So except in modern pentathlon (a sport that only exists because Coubertin invented it), you can't really parachute athletes and expect them to do well in a couple years of training (though there are some examples of top level sprinters that became top level pushers in bobsleigh).

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Us there a betting pool for number of Olympian murdered? I'm going with 3-end up dead.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
time to get some blondes in this joint

Erika Kirpu

qx4d4e5q.fjc.jpg

• 1Like

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Watching soccer, USA vs France, today in Belo Horizonte. We'll see if ISIS makes a special guest appearance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Us there a betting pool for number of Olympian murdered? I'm going with 3-end up dead.
I'm sure some asshat is looking to recreate the Munich incident.

I say there's probably a much larger group. Probably 7-10 dead, with a few more injured; maybe 20+ taken hostage.

• 1Like

Szlia

I always feel that this type of injury can only happen in sports that lack the money to have a high level monitoring of the health of the athletes (or maybe to athletes that lack the ability to monitor themselves). The guy missed the previous Olympics too :/