2016 Olympics. - Brazil

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm always surprised that there's an olympic basketball event. It'd be like if there was an olympic football ('murica football) event. Literally the absolute best players in the world come to -one- country. It isn't like Soccer and their being powerhouses in multiple euro/south american/central american nations. Basketball and Football are strictly American dominated. Having a basketball event is just a freebie US gold medal most of the time.

Not that the Olympics are all that entertaining outside seeing if anyone can possibly beat Usain Bolt's times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I'm always surprised that there's an olympic basketball event. It'd be like if there was an olympic football ('murica football) event. Literally the absolute best players in the world come to -one- country. It isn't like Soccer and their being powerhouses in multiple euro/south american/central american nations. Basketball and Football are strictly American dominated. Having a basketball event is just a freebie US gold medal most of the time.

Not that the Olympics are all that entertaining outside seeing if anyone can possibly beat Usain Bolt's times.

well, there was a time when pros (NBA players) weren't allowed to take part, same as NHL players for hockey. Those were much better times

Hosix

All labs matter!
well, there was a time when pros (NBA players) weren't allowed to take part, same as NHL players for hockey. Those were much better times

Maybe...but in basketball you had college kids going against grown men who were technically pros from their country. Not sure how that was fair.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole

It's been almost 30 years since that was a thing =| Even then, it seems silly to not allow pro players who are the best at what they do to compete in a competition specifically designed to put the best each nation has against each other. To me it just seems like a stupid sport to include in the lineup, because NBA players are > literally every other countries offerings. Even if guys like Matumbo flip sides, it isn't like they are playing on an all star team. The US team is always an all-star team. Other teams have one or maybe two decent-good players by NBA standards. And it's why the US just absolutely clowns the rest of the world. There's no point for an event.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
broken leg shit playing right after every other video that auto loads on sports sites. I broke enough bones growing up, I have zero fucking interest in seeing that shit. Fuck right off.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
God that short Australian woman is hot as hell. The sport in of itself is fun to watch, then you add in hotties in bikinis and it is about the sole reason I tune into the olympics.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Whelp made it back. No special guest appearance by ISIS. Was disappoint. However, every time Hope Solo got the ball the crowd started screaming then yelled ZIKA when she kicked it or threw it back. Was quite Hilarious. Also, they really love the wave. =/

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Hope Solo make me feel funky. I know not to stick my dick in crazy but what's life without risk

tumblr_mbmoevToPP1ricv4co1_400.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It's been almost 30 years since that was a thing =| Even then, it seems silly to not allow pro players who are the best at what they do to compete in a competition specifically designed to put the best each nation has against each other. To me it just seems like a stupid sport to include in the lineup, because NBA players are > literally every other countries offerings. Even if guys like Matumbo flip sides, it isn't like they are playing on an all star team. The US team is always an all-star team. Other teams have one or maybe two decent-good players by NBA standards. And it's why the US just absolutely clowns the rest of the world. There's no point for an event.

This is ridiculous. Basketball is played worldwide and the rule set is virtually identical across all leagues. The only thing that made no sense was allowing professionals from other countries play while barring NBA players. Should judo stop being played since Japan has historically dominated it and the international rules committee continuously changes the rules to ensure Japanese players remain on top?

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sure if the worst part of that is that he hit a couch, or that it capsized him into the shit water.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider

Nah basketball isn't like football anymore. It's a very international sport now. Just look at how many players in the NBA are non-American.