2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just wanted to add, Lazyman has completely changed how I watch hockey. Was always near impossible to get Jets games on TV here without paying for some Jets package. Zero issues with it so far.

Not into MLB, but they got those streams on it as well.

Ive ran into issues with Lazyman fairly frequently. There will be nights where none of the games are available. I started using NHL66 | NHL Streams

I have the same issue as you as a Leafs fan living in Ottawa. The TV deal says they cant show Leafs games in Ottawa when the Sens are playing so its almost impossible to get them on TV without a package of some sort.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just type in NHL stream reddit to find any game playing at any time. Make sure to run that shit in a container though cause I'm sure some of those sites are iffy af.

Fadaar

That guy

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Avalanche made it to the playoffs for consecutive years for the first time in a decade. Around the same time they won their last playoff series. Hopefully that experience will carry them deep.

After that rough couple months in the middle if the season, it looked like another wasted year. Glad I was wrong. God I hope this Grubauer dude is legit!

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
The one time we needed Pens to beat us and they can't get it done. Could of went into the lottery 5th overall. Now we will be lucky to draft 7th in a class that falls off after, you guessed it, 7th. Least regulation wins in the league, if we had half as many loser points we would be picking top 3. Fuck this fucking team so hard right now, so glad this season is over.

Double fuck the Pens, they deserve a first round exit. Murray is so over rated it isn't even funny.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pens fans were cheering with that tying goal, ensuring that they wouldn't face the Caps in the 1st round. Isles still have a good shot at knocking them out anyways but Carolina was really hoping to not face the Caps either.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Pens fans were cheering with that tying goal, ensuring that they wouldn't face the Caps in the 1st round. Isles still have a good shot at knocking them out anyways but Carolina was really hoping to not face the Caps either.

Heh, well that might explain why three players literally let Strome walk through the slot for the OT goal...

Considering they only needed the one point it actually makes alot of sense. Gonna be hard to root for the Isles though so I hope they literally kill each other.

Merrith

Tampa getting Columbus is actually pretty great for everyone else. Canes will be tough, I think a good start is a must.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Biggest upset that could happen will be Dallas winning over Nashville

Biggest upset that won't happen is Toronto winning over Boston

2nd round
Washington vs Pittsburgh
Tampa vs Boston
Calgary vs San Jose
Dallas vs Blues

3rd round
Washington vs Tampa
San Jose (if they can stay healthy) vs Blues

Cup
Blues vs Tampa with Tampa taking it all

Some bold predictions in there I know. Blues have the momentum going through and I truly think San Jose is a better team then Calgary.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
The way the Blues have played since the first of the year makes it hard for me to believe anyone but Tampa (whom they beat twice this year) could win 4 games against them.

However, readers of the NFL thread may remember I'm accustomed to disappointment.

Merrith

Tampa Bay v. Columbus (Tampa in 6, although that's just me hoping Columbus extends the series a little bit)
Boston v. Toronto (Bruins in 5, Leafs have been not great down the stretch, another 1st round exit for them)
Washington v. Carolina (Caps in 6, think Canes will push us a good bit)
NY Islanders v. Pittsburgh (Pens in 7, now watch them actually sweep them)

Nashville v. Dallas (Preds in 5, I feel like it should go longer but the Predators will kill this series off pretty quick)
Winnipeg v. St Louis (Blues in 6, big disappointment for Winnipeg)
Calgary v. Colorado (Flames in 7, might end up best series of Round 1)
San jose v. Vegas (Sharks in 7, almost a toss up in my mind b/c of how bad San Jose was down the stretch but I'll pick them to make it through somehow)

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I wanna see Toronto vs. Winnipeg for the final. No Americans would watch it, but it would be great.

yesiknowhtatwonthappen

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would of preferred the Isles but it's really pick your poison for Carolina since they didn't do great against the 3 potentials (Caps, Isles, Tampa). That being said hoping it will be a good series. If we can steal one of the first 2 in DC I think we have a chance to at least get this to 6 games and then you take your chances.

Merrith

Would of preferred the Isles but it's really pick your poison for Carolina since they didn't do great against the 3 potentials (Caps, Isles, Tampa). That being said hoping it will be a good series. If we can steal one of the first 2 in DC I think we have a chance to at least get this to 6 games and then you take your chances.

If Mrazek gets hot, anything is possible. Also Williams knows most of the Caps and probably has decent info on our systems since Reirden was Trotz's assistant when he was here.