2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't believe we got Karlsson. Sharks blue-line is fucking stacked now.

And we got rid of one medicore contract and one shit contract. Doug Wilson for president.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Wait, Avs have the Sens 1st for the Duchene trade so scratch the tank war. Holy fuck I would feel so bad for Sens fans if their team didn't play such bitch strats. Gee, I wonder if Duchene re-signs BAHAHAHA

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No way the wings can out suck the sens and Habs now. Landing Hughes is going to take a miracle.

Excited to watch SJS this year, beastly top 3D.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zetterberg retires due to persistent back injury issues. Shitty way to go for a hell of a hockey player.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Sorry man. That "haul" for Karlsson is underwhelming as hell, though.
I'm hoping, against all reasonable hope and logic, that Dorion and crew see something that the rest of us don't. I doubt it, though. This is yet another poor decision by a sinking ship of a hockey club.

I'm also really kicking myself for not asking Karlsson for his autograph when I was sitting at the table next to his at breakfast, before he became famous. lul.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like Sens fans are living through a Bill Wirtz era. Team is just going to suck with current owner.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Assuming they sell off a couple other guys this year (almost a certainty), they're really going to need to get good deals and draft well the next couple years.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Damn. I knew this was coming, but I was hoping he'd be able to have a farewell season this year. Still pretty amazing that he played all 82 games the last 3 seasons. A lot of Wings fans want to see Larkin as captain next (myself included), but I wouldn't be surprised if they go with Abdelkader or 3 As this year.

As a Sens hometown fan, I am completely embarrassed.

It's sad that you guys can't even embrace the tank this year, lacking a 1st round pick.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, Avs have the Sens 1st for the Duchene trade so scratch the tank war. Holy fuck I would feel so bad for Sens fans if their team didn't play such bitch strats. Gee, I wonder if Duchene re-signs BAHAHAHA

They are going to lose Stone too.

As a Sens hometown fan, I am completely embarrassed.

Best thing about Ottawa is that youre surrounded by Leafs fans. Nothing wrong with cheering for another team for a few years.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Hells no. I'll cheer for the Habs before I ever cheer for the Leafs. Montreal was my team before '92.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'll add to that: I'd probably cheer for the Avs, just because they used to be the Nordiques, before I'd cheer for Toronto.

Ottawa vs. Toronto isn't just a hockey thing.

• 1Like