2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
13 in a row against Boston if I'm not mistaken. Holtby owns that team. I'm sure Wilson was chilling thinking of you Stoic (although he deserved 10+ for that shit).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Sarcasm aside, doubt he is chilling doing anything. No way are management happy with him after giving him that contract.

Merrith

Sarcasm aside, doubt he is chilling doing anything. No way are management happy with him after giving him that contract.

They're definitely going to appeal to try to get it reduced. Lot of stuff coming out that league was pressured by certain people to "set an example" with him and that the original number was going to be about 10. But I agree they're going to sit down with him and explain what he should already know...he brings nothing when he is suspended and can't play. He just needs to learn he has to get himself lower when he hits. As tall as he is and as big as he is, even shoulder to shoulder contact on hits he's blowing right through it into guys heads sometimes. Can't do that in this league anymore.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Columbus out played the Wings for most of the game, but at least the kids looked pretty good. That last OT shift was pretty embarrassing though. Glendenning-Mantha-Daley is not a good 3 v 3 line and the Jackets looked like they were on a PP for most of it.

At least we got a point though. I'm still considering that a good thing because I'm not yet ready to embrace the tank this season.

Merrith

No surprise the league forced us to travel to Pittsburgh for 2nd night of back to back for their home opener. Penalty 20 seconds into OT in a 6-6 game was predictable as well. Take the point and run...wondering why we started with back to back nights and are now idle until Wednesday.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
New Adidas Climalite Jerseys are out for all of your teams. Just got this Holtby jersey at Dicks Sporting goods. This weekend only 20% off all purchases. I got the jersey for $180 (190 in DC)plus tax. Regular $225. Just sign up for their free rewards card. As far as I know that’s all there is to it.

486A5797-FB48-4456-BF61-E5C80B917A57.jpeg
3E0B3AEB-0D6F-4526-8CF4-C5DBEEBF183B.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Stars starting 2-0 and with a +7 goal diff. Maybe the changes to the coaching staff can unlock the talent on this roster.

Miro Heiskanen looks pretty good for a 19 year old. I can see why they didn't want to part with him for Karlsson. Here is his first NHL shift.

• 1Like

Merrith

Weird schedule aside...Caps' big guns look like they haven't missed a beat.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Im happy to announce that the Arizona Coyotes are outscoring William Nylander.

Fadaar

That guy
The fuck is up with the scheduling? Got four teams who didn't play their first game til Saturday (Lightning v Panthers, Oilers v Devils) and all four of those teams don't have their second game til tonight. Especially odd since the Lightning and Devils both have their first 5 games at home.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fuck is up with the scheduling? Got four teams who didn't play their first game til Saturday (Lightning v Panthers, Oilers v Devils) and all four of those teams don't have their second game til tonight. Especially odd since the Lightning and Devils both have their first 5 games at home.
Didn't the Devils play overseas? May have something to do with it.

I'm not sure what the Hurricanes are going to do this season but at least they've been fun to watch compared to the garbage that's been put out there for as long as I remember.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Didn't the Devils play overseas? May have something to do with it.

I'm not sure what the Hurricanes are going to do this season but at least they've been fun to watch compared to the garbage that's been put out there for as long as I remember.

Oh I guess it was. I just checked the standings and made note of the four teams that have only played one game so far, wasn't aware the Devils/Oilers game was in Sweden. Why the fuck the Lightning and Panthers have only played one game so far, when the teams are a whopping 280 mile drive apart, baffles me. The game was in Tampa so not like they played some oddball place like the other two teams did.

Merrith

I hear you. Caps played Wed/Thurs last week back to back, then not again until last night...and play again tonight and Saturday.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

its been a good start to the season.

/edit in one more because

unknown.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

The next heir apparent to take over the Richard races...we shall see if it lasts. 9 in first 5 is pretty sick though.