2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'll add to that: I'd probably cheer for the Avs, just because they used to be the Nordiques, before I'd cheer for Toronto.

Ottawa vs. Toronto isn't just a hockey thing.

Dude, that is hard core.

I have a friend who played for the Nordiques. We often watch hockey together. He hates Toronto so much, it's hard to believe. And even HE says Toronto deserves to win it all at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Dude, that is hard core.

I have a friend who played for the Nordiques. We often watch hockey together. He hates Toronto so much, it's hard to believe. And even HE says Toronto deserves to win it all at this point.
Give me a few more years of Melnyk's bullshit and I might change my tune. Don't think I'll be the only one, either.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Since tracking prospects is the best I have to hope for this season...

Fricken' shhhhwing! Can't wait for this kid to come over.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

I'm born and raised in Montreal where our hatred of the Leafs is pretty huge. I would actively cheer for any bad event that occurred to the Leafs (and in my lifetime, there's been plenty!). While I won't root for them, I'd be ok with them winning a Cup. At this point a Canadian team needs to actually win (although I'd much prefer Winnipeg). Leafs roster is good with players you wouldn't feel bad seeing win (minus Kadri).

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Banner going up tonight! Pumped for the season to start.

• 1Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Glad to see that scumbag Tom Wilson got suspended 20 games for hitting Sundquist in the head. When is he finally going to be banned?

Merrith

Glad to see that scumbag Tom Wilson got suspended 20 games for hitting Sundquist in the head. When is he finally going to be banned?

Meanwhile Kempny is out with a concussion for an elbow to the head that only got 3 games (2 of them preseason ones). Obviously being repeat offender Wilson absolutely deserved 10+ games for this, he needs to take the message this is to heart. Rubs me a little wrong that none of his hits involve elbowing or leaping like so many other hits that DoPS go light on...but you can't be doing hits like that this frequently, and especially not in preseason.

Last edited:

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is Wilson's 4th suspension in his last 105 games, an unprecedented frequency of suspensions in the history of the department of player safety."

Merrith

This is Wilson's 4th suspension in his last 105 games, an unprecedented frequency of suspensions in the history of the department of player safety."

Exactly why he absolutely deserved 10+

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Bloody over time when Toronto should be kicking the crap out of the Habs.

My wife pulls hard for the Habs. We have marital strife on nights like tonight.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
7 to fucking 0 against the Bruins on opening night holy shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Nice to see JT get a goal right off the bat. Leafs flexing their Center depth early.

7 to fucking 0 against the Bruins on opening night holy shit.

Hard to imagine them pulling that kind of win off without their all star 5 mil, first line forward. Must be a fluke!

Jokes aside, good night for Caps fans.