2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Fadaar

That guy
I thought it went offsides while watching it live, glad to be right. Also lol @ NBC having the coach's names swapped when showing them both during the challenge outcome announcement. If someone has a DVR snag me a picture of it for the worfs.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pierre on Ryan Callahan's nuts ever since he was a Ranger. It's pretty hilarious. Makes a halfway decent backcheck that was a borderline hook, and starts talking about how he scored 50 goals in juniors and how he should always be in the lineup.

Merrith

Welp, first time in expansion era team that led the league in points gets swept in 1st round.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
What in the actual fuck Tampa Bay? That was a miserable showing in the post season.

I love under dogs, and I'm really happy for the Blue Jackets right now. They worked their asses off.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What in the actual fuck Tampa Bay? That was a miserable showing in the post season.

I love under dogs, and I'm really happy for the Blue Jackets right now. They worked their asses off.

Sadly I don't think it was so much CBJ being good as it was Tampa being bad.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

I don't think you're wrong. That's confusing though, considering the season Tampa had. They shit the bed big time, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

Now, let's get Pittsburgh eliminated tonight, too, and let the Jets win. That'll be a good hockey night in Canada.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

If you don't think CBJ played out of their minds you are mistaken. CBJ D was on point that whole series. Stick game. Net front presence. Turn overs. Not to say we didn't play horribly. We only showed up 2 periods and a single game (last one ironically). Not to mention Breadman and Duchene showed up every single game unlike our offensive line.

Anyway congratulations to CBJ. Thought they did an amazing job. Now I root for Dallas and Bishop and whoever is playing against CBJ lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

r5i6Dod.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Unreal. Sucks to see our conditional fall to a low 2nd, but hard not to feel happy for CBJ.

2014 Rangers curse is still alive and well, some of those dudes lost B2B SCF's and two ECF losses and now this.... yikes.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trotz certainly made the case for the dump truck of cash he got.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
In the very few playoff series we've been in and even during elimination games, I don't think I've been more nervous during a game. How do you handle more rounds of this?

Merrith

In the very few playoff series we've been in and even during elimination games, I don't think I've been more nervous during a game. How do you handle more rounds of this?

Learn to love it and enjoy the ride...and that's from a Caps fan who has seen a lot of bad endings and a shit ton of Game 7's.