2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
So far my Leafs are putting on a good show. I'm probably being too optimistic, but It would be nice to see them in the second round. They aren't a fairy tale win team. I'd expect in a few more years they will be kissing a cup though. Up 3-2 leading into the 3rd today.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Poor Svech, rip in piece =(

At least 3 phantom calls in this leafs game so far. Last one just cost the leafs a goal. Brutal officiating.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Rip Andrei

What an idiot. "Lets punch his helmet and face shield. That'll get him!"

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Poor Svech, rip in piece =(

At least 3 phantom calls in this leafs game so far. Last one just cost the leafs a goal. Brutal officiating.
They really should hire master refs instead of going with the idiots from the season. Besides, they all are in someone's pocket to lean the games towards the big payouts. Corrupt cunts on ice.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rip Andrei

Jesus, what was he even thinking?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So far my Leafs are putting on a good show. I'm probably being too optimistic, but It would be nice to see them in the second round. They aren't a fairy tale win team. I'd expect in a few more years they will be kissing a cup though. Up 3-2 leading into the 3rd today.

There's still a whole period for them to disappoint us. I can't get my hopes up. Too many years of cheering for Toronto.

But yeah, the officiating sucks donkeys.

• 1Worf

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
The caps look terrible tonight. They haven't looked great during any of the games so far, but tonight they are getting thoroughly dominated

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
There's still a whole period for them to disappoint us. I can't get my hopes up. Too many years of cheering for Toronto.

But yeah, the officiating sucks donkeys.
Indeed. Par for the course with us die hard. Expect a quick exit at all times. That way were never disappointed. They always just want to go play golf. I hope coach forces them to practice all summer.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Nostalgic picture related:

0d64c12528fad1a6cdc5a2672af40805.jpg

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Caps laid total egg tonight. Game wasn't in question at all but man refs were letting Carolina get away with a ton second half of the game. Blatant high sticks, interference galore. It's amazing what players are allowed to do TO Tom Wilson without getting called...and I only bring that up because if people/officials don't want him to start running around, tonight was not how you control a game to prevent that. Wish we hadn't given up another fluky goal to get it all started.

Also if you're 19 and you're Russian, why would you challenge Ovechkin to a fight?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The officiating has been horrible for almost every game. Super inconsistent, letting players play super dirty. I know this is the playoffs and all but you really need to set the tone and reel some of this shit in. Apart from tampa shitting the bed this first round has been incredible.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Caps laid total egg tonight. Game wasn't in question at all but man refs were letting Carolina get away with a ton second half of the game. Blatant high sticks, interference galore. It's amazing what players are allowed to do TO Tom Wilson without getting called...and I only bring that up because if people/officials don't want him to start running around, tonight was not how you control a game to prevent that. Wish we hadn't given up another fluky goal to get it all started.

Also if you're 19 and you're Russian, why would you challenge Ovechkin to a fight?

Agree that it was pretty dumb to start a fight with Ovechkin although to be fair they both had been going at it all series. Svech is a rookie and sometimes that's how you learn when and when not to get into fights. It just sucks he got hurt. Kid is not a fighter, never been in a fight (that I know of) and he chooses the first one in the playoffs against Alex. Dumb.

That arena was crazy last night. TBH it reminded me a lot of how it was Game 7 against Edmonton in the Cup Final back in 06. Canes need to come with the same energy for game 4. As well as they played last night I still think the top guys (Aho, Teuvo, Nino) can even play better. I also agree that the officiating has been inconsistent throughout the series (for both sides).

Needless

Toe Sucker
young athlete makes it to the NHL, probably thought he could take on the world
Turns out the world is Ovi, and the only thing he took on was ovi's fists to the dome

I fully expect the sharks to be dirty as fuck tonight since they're on the surefire route to lose this series

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
young athlete makes it to the NHL, probably thought he could take on the world
Turns out the world is Ovi, and the only thing he took on was ovi's fists to the dome

I fully expect the sharks to be dirty as fuck tonight since they're on the surefire route to lose this series

I could see that happening. Typically the Sharks are one of the cleaner teams, but I think the frustration of this year has really left them annoyed. Knowing that Jumbo likely will never win a cup is also going to sting. The city walked in to this year assuming we were destined or some shit, regardless of the fact that Karlsson didn't really fit in to our team or fill the hole that the team had. Who'da thunk that another super offensive D-man would be a defensive liability when you have a shaky goalie?!

Real shame that we lost the Tavares race. That would have been huge. Though, it still wouldn't have fixed the goalie problem.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Agree that it was pretty dumb to start a fight with Ovechkin although to be fair they both had been going at it all series. Svech is a rookie and sometimes that's how you learn when and when not to get into fights. It just sucks he got hurt. Kid is not a fighter, never been in a fight (that I know of) and he chooses the first one in the playoffs against Alex. Dumb.

That arena was crazy last night. TBH it reminded me a lot of how it was Game 7 against Edmonton in the Cup Final back in 06. Canes need to come with the same energy for game 4. As well as they played last night I still think the top guys (Aho, Teuvo, Nino) can even play better. I also agree that the officiating has been inconsistent throughout the series (for both sides).

Yeah Ovi was quoted saying neither of them are fighters (was Ovechkin's 4th career fight, first since 2010), and that he hopes he was okay. Apparently gave the kid a chance to back down, asked him if he was sure he wanted to go. On one hand, I like that Ovechkin can stand up for himself and answer all the little bs slashes and stuff behind the play, on the other...this will be a blueprint for everyone that doesn't want fighting in hockey. Just a bad end result for sure though, really hope the kid isn't seriously hurt.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
I'm so sad I'm not at the arena tonight. I have game 6 tickets but hoping I don't get to use them.