2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lundqvist earned that one point, that's for sure. That save on Carlson on the PP...just got his glove on it enough to send it wide. Wanted Ovechkin to get the hatty, fuck the crossbar.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Kevin from the Office lost alot of weight, I guess being the new HC has kept him busy...

About as good an effort I could've hoped for. Hanky's been solid so far, amazing how protecting the slot can give your goalie a chance (FU Vigneault and you're man on man strats). Only bad goal was Ovie's first, but him owning Hank is a given at this point. Was a good game, great goaltending both ways. Kuznetzov is so good it's not fair.

Re: Pierre... I missed it and i'm glad. Still traumatized by his awkward Byfuglien interview last year. He should be on a list somewhere.

Merrith

We seem to be a little on cruise control. Although again, I'm not going to worry until we actually get on a regular schedule that isn't back to back, 3 in 4, or on 6 or 4 days of rest which allows rust.

I don't fault too badly on the first Ovechkin goal even , Stoic. I don't think anyone but him realized he was just going to fire that puck.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Man, Calgary is in charge tonight.

Caps didn't wow me tonight, that's for sure, but a good win, nonetheless.

We´re 4-2-0 on the year so far but I don´t see the Flames maintaining it through the year. Johnny Hockey is our best forward and he´s good but he´s no Matthews or Ovie. Another year of finishing just out of the playoffs or maybe squeaking into 8th and losing in the first round. Kinda wish we would just tank for a good pick but we don´t need two dumpster fire teams in Alberta.

Merrith

Maybe the Leafs aren't as butthurt about Eller's comments regarding Crosby and Malkin now.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
It's only ECHL, but it's good to be going to hockey games again. Between that and the Wings actually winning a game, today was a good day.

Hockey.jpg

• 1Like

Merrith

Backstrom hits 600 assists (actually 601 with 3rd assist on the night), Ovechkin 4 point night...could have went for hat trick with empty net but selfishly as always passed to Oshie who had a layup to ice it.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Who knew that Arby's changing their free curly fries promo from a Wing scoring a hat trick to the entire team just scoring 3 in a single game was the key to the season? Stanley cup here we come!

Merrith

Caps completely gave that game away. Not sure what Holtby was doing on the go ahead goal.