2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oshie out still a least another month. If Wilson had body slammed him, he'd be suspended for 40 games. As it stands, Morrissey got nothing for basically body slamming Oshie on his head.

Merrith

Ovechkin tied Sakic and Iginla for 15th all time in goals with his 625th tonight. Backstrom moved past Peter Bondra for 2nd most points in team history (826 with 3 assists tonight). Tom Wilson with 2 goals and an assist to continue trolling the entire league. 6th win in a row, too...without Kuznetsov and Oshie.

Fadaar

That guy
i'm terrified that the Sabres are #3 in the NHL right now

9 game win streak and not all against scrubs either

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i'm terrified that the Sabres are #3 in the NHL right now

9 game win streak and not all against scrubs either

Theyll come back down to earth. Theyve had 2 or 3 games against good teams but they've also played teams like Montreal 4 times already.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Montreal is playing pretty well tonight, but they just can't get the puck past McElinney right now. It's remarkable to watch.

Merrith

Watching the Habs put Alzner on waivers was a funny "saw that coming" moment as soon as they signed him to that terrible contract last summer.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
While i know the Wings will eventually stop overachieving, I'm going to enjoy this as long as I can. Normally things would have completely fallen apart when the Blues scored 3 to tie things up, but they managed to hold on.

This should link to where Athanasiou Kronwalls Dunn. If not it's at 1:29.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
While i know the Wings will eventually stop overachieving, I'm going to enjoy this as long as I can. Normally things would have completely fallen apart when the Blues scored 3 to tie things up, but they managed to hold on.

This should link to where Athanasiou Kronwalls Dunn. If not it's at 1:29.

I know the feeling. Alot of parallels between NYR and DET so far this season, though my Rangers are already coming back down to reality...

• 1Like

Merrith

I know the feeling. Alot of parallels between NYR and DET so far this season, though my Rangers are already coming back down to reality...

Still better than expected I think from them. Kreider has looked very good.

In other news, it's Tom Wilson's world right now, we're all just living in it. 5 straight games with a goal, scored our first shortie of the year tonight.

Malakriss

That was a penalty for interference but the ejection was for being Tom Wilson.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

That was a penalty for interference but the ejection was for being Tom Wilson.

Big guy v. tiny guy, clips his shoulder and the guy whiplashes. I'd like to see another angle to see if there was any actual head contact.

League gonna league though, Tom Wilson it becomes 5 minutes instantly if the guy stays down for any length of time.

Merrith

It's actually amazing watching the rest of this game, with other Capitals getting away with some completely obvious penalties to no call.

Merrith

When you see stuff like this and you wonder why there's no mention of contact to the head, etc.