2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
replace one old man on defense with another, woo

Guy is only 30 years old. Hes still in his prime, was playing on a bad team through an injury. Shattenkirk will have a bounce back year this year on a great deal.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Guy is only 30 years old. Hes still in his prime, was playing on a bad team through an injury. Shattenkirk will have a bounce back year this year on a great deal.

Yeah he was a good pickup at that price. IF he stays healthy he should be able to put up some points with TB's forwards. Provides some depth too which is always a plus. He shouldn't crack top 4 on that blue line though.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah he was a good pickup at that price. IF he stays healthy he should be able to put up some points with TB's forwards. Provides some depth too which is always a plus. He shouldn't crack top 4 on that blue line though.

Basically this, at that price it's very low risk. I don't know if Tampa has any room (or really any need) on their PP1 unit b/c he could help there. They're just pretty ridiculous already I would assume so might not even have a spot on the top unit.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider

EP and NHL.com both have NYR with the top prospect pool. I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a season. Still think we will suck for a while yet, but gonna be so fun to watch some of these kids grow. If we are half as fun to watch as the Leafs have been, RIP my wallet on tickets and merch. Crazy to think just 3 years ago we were bottom 5 in futures.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>

EP and NHL.com both have NYR with the top prospect pool. I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a season. Still think we will suck for a while yet, but gonna be so fun to watch some of these kids grow. If we are half as fun to watch as the Leafs have been, RIP my wallet on tickets and merch. Crazy to think just 3 years ago we were bottom 5 in futures.

The Rangers have absolutely done a great job turning that roster over. I think they'll be contenders for a long while in the near future

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
New road uni's for the Canes.

Looks good although I would of preferred the lettering done differently. The logo on the helmet is sharp.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
New road uni's for the Canes.

Looks good although I would of preferred the lettering done differently. The logo on the helmet is sharp.

I chuckled

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Wish I still had that gif of him tweaking out ravenously in the FO circle a few years ago. But yeah, most of the league is on coke and many other various drugs. That's why drug tests are anonymous in the NHL, to protect the player and justify turning a blind eye. Avery talks about some of this shit in his autobiography, it's pretty messed up.