2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Another high pick ruined by the Oilers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Entirely unsurprising as his knees are shot. I will miss seeing guys with their heads down getting Kronwalled though.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Two more sleeps till the Traverse City tourny. It ain't much but i'll take any hockey I can get! Hopefully we don't come in dead last like usual, will be the best roster we have ever sent so that would be a bummer.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Pierre to get demoted (kinda)?

Now do Milbury please.

Unrelated, crazy how many RFA's remain without a contract. MM and the Leafs are probably just trolling the league to fuck with everyone. Hearing Laine trade rumors now. Wish we had the space, him and Kakko would be fun. Lamorello should be all over that but god I hope he doesn't go to the Isles.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Surprised Fleury is that high, though I guess Vegas fans are just now starting to learn how the rules work and are appreciative of the one man that carried them the last two seasons

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Annual pool season is here. Every year we do a 200-300 person box pool at work. Ive done well the last couple seasons but havn't managed to win out yet.

Tell me why I'm wrong on my choices.

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

just as an added note, I already dont like taking Kessel over Bergeron.

Last edited:

Nester

Vyemm Raider
To many Florida players imo! Must be a homer!

Every year I pick Stammer he gets hurt. I doubt Barkov can repeat last year, you should grab a leaf. If this season was not UFA fucked I would say Marner.

Team 3 should be Colorado Imo.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To many Florida players imo! Must be a homer!

Every year I pick Stammer he gets hurt. I doubt Barkov can repeat last year, you should grab a leaf. If this season was not UFA fucked I would say Marner.

Team 3 should be Colorado Imo.

Thank you. Funny thing is Im actually a Leafs fan. I disagree about taking Colorado to win more games than Vegas. After their deadline acquisitions last year and in their weak conference, Vegas is primed to do very well during the season.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Jake Gardiner to the Canes. 4 years @ $4.05mm per.
Seems like a steal for one of the few good D UFA's this year.

Canes are looking really good.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jake Gardiner to the Canes. 4 years @ $4.05mm per.
Seems like a steal for one of the few good D UFA's this year.

Canes are looking really good.

Yea this one kind of came out of nowhere. Problem is they are over cap now and the local talk is Justin Faulk is the odd one out since they couldn't come to contract terms. I can't complain with how the offseason went. They are at least as good as last year, probably a little better.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Glad to see Couture get the Sharks captaincy. The guy has just been a rock in the playoffs for so long.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Dubas finally caved, MM getting paid. 10.8 mil over 6 years. I like the kid and all, but I hope he regresses just so I can watch the world burn.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Lightning can get away with much lower contracts though due to taxes. Point @ $9M would probably take home more than Marner.