2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Easy match for Carolina. Going a bit more into detail theres $21 mil in signing bonus over the first year, that would be the hard thing for them to match as they are not a very rich team.

unknown.png

Last edited:

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s definitely going to get matched, but I’m glad to see the canes deal with an offer sheet

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Interesting trading Tyson Barrie, he played really well last year. I havent seen an explanation of why they traded him yet. Maybe to make room for prospects?

Edit: I see now. Barrie only had one year left on his contract. Makes more sense to me now.

Last edited:

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Kerfoot to 4 years at 3.5 mil and Ceci to 1 year at 4.5 mil. When the Leafs trim down their roster to 20 players and use LTIR for Horton it leaves them with a little north of 11 mil to sign marner. A note on Ceci is that there was no signing bonus at all so its likely he wont be a target to trade this year, he will be playing.

Something like this
lalala - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Last edited:

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Calling it now, Habs are going to offer sheet MM and the civil war will officially start.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Calling it now, Habs are going to offer sheet MM and the civil war will officially start.

Habs dont really have money left to get Marner and even if they do, theyd have to be extremely careful with all their young guns (mete, kotka and even domi) coming due in the next 2 years. I wouldnt be surprised to see Carolina let an offer sheet fly next summer already.

Fadaar

That guy
Good lordy Panthers, giving Stralman a $1M/yr raise (now $5.5M) for 3 yrs over what the Bolts were paying? Sad to see him go but not worth paying that for a guy in his mid 30's. A deal for Point seems more and more likely by the day with these fat cap hits coming off the board.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Good lordy Panthers, giving Stralman a $1M/yr raise (now $5.5M) for 3 yrs over what the Bolts were paying? Sad to see him go but not worth paying that for a guy in his mid 30's. A deal for Point seems more and more likely by the day with these fat cap hits coming off the board.

I'm still in shock over what they paid Bob... Good for Stralman though, Rangers gave him away in his prime.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Canes officially signed Aho Sunday I think. Funniest thing was national media thinking the Canes can't afford 21 mil and Dundon (Canes owner) kinda laughed at that (same guy who threw something like 80 mill down the drain for the AAFL). Also signed Mrazek so the top 2 priorities were taken care of. Still curious what they are going to do with Faulk.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Casual bump because I miss Hockey,

And the breadman throwing shade at Ovi's boy Putes,

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

more LTIR fodder for the Leafs.

also a very good thread on twitter with an explanation of the whys and their current cap situation.