2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You definitely went to the right game. Holy shit. Glad I forced party I was at to have the game on got to watch that beat down. Although, no surprise, Oveckin and Backstrom leading the way again...but Wilson, Connolly, even Dowd on the penalty shot chipping in. Going back down there for Game 6 will be tough, though.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Hard to certify a bet without a coherent sentence. Can we get a non drunken sports fan version? I don’t see another poster accepting?

Regardless Regime Regime your bet has been logged please @ me or amod in general if another party takes your bet.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hard to certify a bet without a coherent sentence. Can we get a non drunken sports fan version? I don’t see another poster accepting?

Regardless Regime Regime your bet has been logged please @ me or amod in general if another party takes your bet.

Whose betting me on canes caps for $100? Christ I think I’m still drunk. Bet must go down before game 6 and before 12 PST ( I don’t want any BS injury shit while I sleep through Sunday.)

Holy shit I came across as a drunken hockey guy prick I seriously didn’t mean that I was just pumped.

Fuck the canes and their cheep shots on Oshie.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Maybe sit the next couple of plays out, Champ.

Also, Let's go Blues!! Sad that last night was the last Blues game on Fox Sports Midwest for the season. Going to miss John Kelly and Darren Pang.

Fadaar

That guy
^ that is one thing that drove me nuts this year with the Lightning doing well, had to listen to those fags on NBCSN way too often

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Lol

JFC...

I was (trying I swear ) asking any canes fan to bet me $100 on who would win the series .

I realize now I was drunk as a skunk and most likely no one will take me up on this bet with us being up 3-2 in the series.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You gotta give odds on that. Nobody is going to take a 1:1 when the Caps are up a game, and are clearly the better team, and just came off one of the hardest ass beatings delivered in this first round (and that's saying a lot).

Can I fancy you a sweep of the Lightning perhaps? (I wonder if anyone got rich off that)

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Finally the Caps put together a 4th line that brings some much needed energy to the rest of the lineup and put up some zone time. DSP out there playing every shift like it would be his last one motivated the rest of these guys for sure. We haven’t seen that in a long while. Boyd, Dowd, and whatever 3rd line cast off we’ve had all season has been forgettable.

Close this shit out tomorrow plzzz. I’m not sleeping on the Canes but they are the weakest team in the whole playoffs and the Islanders is going to be ugly won in the trenches hockey.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You gotta give odds on that. Nobody is going to take a 1:1 when the Caps are up a game, and are clearly the better team, and just came off one of the hardest ass beatings delivered in this first round (and that's saying a lot).

Can I fancy you a sweep of the Lightning perhaps? (I wonder if anyone got rich off that)

Yeah pretty sure yet again no one will take up bets.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No one should ever bet on mrazek being consistent enough to win a 7 game series.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Fucking Jets, I would have been happy with Round 2. Fuck em, didn't want to go to that armpit of Canada for a couple days just to see a playoffs game anyway.

Oh well, could be worse, if I was an Oilers fan.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy shit that save by Anderson my god. That Bruin's top line on the PP is some scary shit man.

Merrith

I'm kinda rooting for Toronto today I guess? Boston getting eliminated would mean the Caps would have home ice throughout the playoffs (assuming we beat Carolina). Just not sure who I want to play CBJ on the other side. Either way should be interesting. I want the Sharks to win tonight just because Game 7 SJ/Vegas would be great fun to watch.

Needless

Toe Sucker
unreal, apparently vegas has an allergy against the sharks front net

Im so livid that they lost like this LMAO

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thomas Hertl is a fucking god. Nice to see Jones show up for a game this series; he made the most saves of any game in his entire career.

Merrith

Thomas Hertl is a fucking god. Nice to see Jones show up for a game this series; he made the most saves of any game in his entire career.

I freaked when I saw it was him...guaranteed a Game 7, pots the short-handed goal in 2OT to send it to Game 7.