2018-19 NHL Season Thread - Caps were not suck last year edition

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Damn... thats gotta be one of the worst penalties ever.

Makes me nervous for the Avalanche. Either that was the spark they need to run for the cup, or thats all they have. Should be fun to watch!

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m not saying that was the right call, but maybe if you give up 4 goals in a 5 minute pp you deserve to lose.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I mean if the call was what it should have been, a 2 minute minor... they would have maybe scored 1 and it would have been back to 5 on 5.
But hey, shit happens when refs don't see a play and make a call based off how a guy fell i guess

edit: either way, gonna cheer for CBJ now that vegas is out, hopefully they can keep that momentum going

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here's hoping the Avs don't play half as well as they did vs Calgary. The Sharks are so god damn beat up. Our only hope, assuming we somehow make it out of this next one, is that the Blues and Stars beat the shit out of each other(very likely).

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The penalty looks really bad when you have the luxury to slow it down and look at it frame by frame.

At full speed it looks pretty savage, the damage seems to come from bouncing off stasny in a weird way rather than the original cross check.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Yeah but that would require the refs actually seeing it. They admitted they didn't see it and called the result. They didn't even call a penalty at first, then it was a minor (put Eakin in the box), then it was a major + game misconduct.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's such a nutty play, because if you had to sit there and try to pick out where a "major penalty" occurred you really can't. It's basically as if the refs are giving a major for the two things together and the end result.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's kind of the right call. I mean, if I was a Vegas fan I'd be on the other fence. In some ways it's better to lose in a sweep then to lose when you're up 3-0, in the third period on game 7 by a debatable penalty. No they shouldn't have let in 4 goals. Man but I feel for Vegas fans right now. Welcome to the NHL I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus refs must've gotten spooked in that last game they aren't calling shit. I don't think my heart could take this game as a Caps fan.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
That dude seems pretty angry.

Caps are killing me here. Twice they had a 2 goal lead and then they just try to coast. They are playing so flat right now. No energy.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is some game. What a series.

Caps got shit lucky to not get a penalty with that puck going over the glass from their own end.

I think the refs have basically decided they aren't calling anything anymore. There were a couple of times where they easily could of called penalties in that OT.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user