2018-2019 NBA Thread

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Wow I thought PG was a given. Great news for the city of Cleveland.

What, Cleveland is rooting for Lebron to end up in LA with no help? Cause you are on some hardcore drugs if you think Lebron is staying in Cleveland even without PG going to LA.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man I’m pretty surprised by PG but given the money difference it makes sense. As a pseudo okc fan I was hoping he’d jump and they’d consider tanking... going to be tough for them to get much better through FA, especially in a tiny market

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
What, Cleveland is rooting for Lebron to end up in LA with no help? Cause you are on some hardcore drugs if you think Lebron is staying in Cleveland even without PG going to LA.
I think Lebron is more likely to stay in Cleveland with no help as opposed to going somewhere else with no help. He knows if he'd go west that he'd get smoked in the playoffs. He's not going that way unless he knows he's got a winner.

And I am on hardcore drugs.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think its likely he stays in Cleveland if he doesn't go to the Lakers.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You agree it's likely he stays in Cleveland if he doesn't go to the Lakers yet you're giving him a 0% of staying?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I agree. I just believe the odds of going to Cleveland are still 0%.

Gollum-Confused.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Wow I thought PG was a given. Great news for the city of Cleveland.

Yeah LBJ is kinda short of options. It looks like his ability to bring top talent with him...hasn't aged as well as his game.

On to KD, this 1+1 sets him up for a max contract with the Warriors next year. The man is sacrificing early, but it's really chump change with all things considered. Best of both worlds.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
KD is making his money work for him so might not be as critical to him as he will have investments. He might really want Championships and once LeBron is old KD will be the best in the league.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
You agree it's likely he stays in Cleveland if he doesn't go to the Lakers yet you're giving him a 0% of staying?

Which logically means.....

(I also admit I could be completely wrong, but I will be completely shocked)

Last edited:

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
KD is making his money work for him so might not be as critical to him as he will have investments. He might really want Championships and once LeBron is old KD will be the best in the league.

I'm not sure his "paycuts" aren't a handshake deal with the ownership group for investments later.

KD takes a $5 million paycut. Of that $5 million, KD would've taken home just ~$2.5 million.

This saves the team $20 million after luxury taxes. Owners agree to invest $10 million into one of KD's future business ventures.

Win-win. Ownership saves $10 million, KD gets 4x return on his investment, and the team is more competitive.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Crazy. Wonder if they're still going to be able to land Kawhi

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm not sure his "paycuts" aren't a handshake deal with the ownership group for investments later.

KD takes a $5 million paycut. Of that $5 million, KD would've taken home just ~$2.5 million.

This saves the team $20 million after luxury taxes. Owners agree to invest $10 million into one of KD's future business ventures.

Win-win. Ownership saves $10 million, KD gets 4x return on his investment, and the team is more competitive.

Except for the parts where the team would be fucked if anyone found out and they'd actually have no legal obligation to actually follow through with it.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Magic must have really sold him on some kind of team rebuild for the Lakers. Or he just really wants to be in LA for future mogul connections.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
LeBron on the Lakers. Aww yeah. Suck it Cleveland.

Gaige Gaige your man crush hoping from one team to another.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ditches his hometown team for a 2nd time. Amazing. Has any other #1 pick ever left the team that drafted them twice as their own decision? In any sport?