2018-2019 NBA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Well, the Lakers need to lock up that Kawhi trade or they aren't sniffing the finals this year. Best part of this is it's a four year deal so lebron is basically all in for the rest of his prime with the Lakers. Then when his son enters the draft in four years that tean will basically be getting bronny and lebron with their pick.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Lakers should slow play it and just make sure they have cap space for next year when Kawhi, Klay, and other FA's will be available. If they can get Kawhi for a reasonable cost before then they'll do it. Unless there was some understanding with Lebron when he signed that they'd do whatever they could to trade for Kawhi, they shouldn't feel any pressure to force a trade right now. To win in this brutal west you need the stars and some depth.

Jovec

?
Announcing now might make it easier to land more FA's for the Lakers, but I think it will be harder to get a trade for any major player. Anyone really think that SA is going to send Kawhi to LA now to join with LeBron?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Announcing now might make it easier to land more FA's for the Lakers, but I think it will be harder to get a trade for any major player. Anyone really think that SA is going to send Kawhi to LA now to join with LeBron?

SA either trades him now and gets something or losses him next year for nothing.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Spurs shouldn't care who they send him to as long as they maximize their value. The west is brutal regardless of whether Kawhi joins Lebron on the Lakers or not.

The Least is a bigger joke now than ever. At least the top 7 players in the league are in the West right now, and once you get around there you can start to debate about where the best player in the East fits in. Kyri, Embiid, Giannis? Time to reseed the playoffs NBA!

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
LeBron on the Lakers. Aww yeah. Suck it Cleveland.

Gaige Gaige your man crush hoping from one team to another.

I can't root for him in LA, it's a bum move. Just shows he's scared of GSW and is lining up shit for after basketball.

If he wanted to win he'd have gone to Philly.

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Lakers should slow play it and just make sure they have cap space for next year when Kawhi, Klay, and other FA's will be available. If they can get Kawhi for a reasonable cost before then they'll do it. Unless there was some understanding with Lebron when he signed that they'd do whatever they could to trade for Kawhi, they shouldn't feel any pressure to force a trade right now. To win in this brutal west you need the stars and some depth.

Slow playing worked so well for them with PG13.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
PG was surprising but doesn't mean it'd happen again. Everything we've heard says Kawhi wants to be a Laker, and he talked to Lebron last week and said he wanted to play with him. If for some reason the same thing happens as with PG, there will be other major FA's available next year. Keeping all their assets and having Lebron, that would be a prime location for a FA to come to and contend.

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
SA and all these other small market teams have trouble holding onto top talent. The Lakers with LeBron will have all FAs interested the next few years.

• 1Cutler

Kaines

Potato Supreme
@FoH. Anyone wanna question my percentages now, bitches??

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Next few years. So when he is 36 turning 37. Amazing. No. Fuck him and the Lakers I hope they never make it past the second round.

Let's go Dubs!

• 4EyeRoll
  • 1Cutler
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Damn, now the Lakers stole Javale! I'll never understand Kerr's seeming dislike for him. I mean I get that he wants heady players out there, but McGee produced and made plays more often than not.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Damn, now the Lakers stole Javale! I'll never understand Kerr's seeming dislike for him. I mean I get that he wants heady players out there, but McGee produced and made plays more often than not.

Translation: someone please post Shaqtin A Fool videos

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Gotta be honest, not entirely thrilled. I'd rather watch the young Lakers grow into a winner and now the pressure will be on to trade for help.

Finals are going to be even more of a joke now too.

At least it should be interesting for the next year or two. Father time is undefeated. Also, gaige is a huge tool and him not following Lebron after all the ball washing he's done over the years makes me feel like maybe I should give this thing a chance.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
See I dont think slow playing Kawhi is a good way to go about doing things for the Lakers if they really want him. All we heard for two years was how much PG wanted to go to LA. Then he decides he likes playing in OKC and stays. There is a good possibility that Kawhi gets traded to the Sixers or celtics and the same thing happens.

So you either pony up now gutting your depth or you hope Kawhi doesn't have a change of heart. If they dont get Kawhi this year they don't have a real shot at beating gsw or Houston. If they wait it out and Kawhi doesn't come to la your're looking at Butler, Irving, Love, Klay, and Kemba Walker as your big 2019 free agents. Does getting one or maybe two of those guys put LA over GSW or Houston? Klay will probably stay on the warriors unless something drastic changes so realistically you're looking at the other four.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
LeBron taking his talents to The West Coast?
Have we had a comment yet from LaVar where he says that he actually orchestrated the move because LeBron wanted to play for Lonzo (not with), and how he's willing to put his 2.2 pts college average on the line and make LeBron a star?

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
See I dont think slow playing Kawhi is a good way to go about doing things for the Lakers if they really want him. All we heard for two years was how much PG wanted to go to LA. Then he decides he likes playing in OKC and stays. There is a good possibility that Kawhi gets traded to the Sixers or celtics and the same thing happens.

So you either pony up now gutting your depth or you hope Kawhi doesn't have a change of heart. If they dont get Kawhi this year they don't have a real shot at beating gsw or Houston. If they wait it out and Kawhi doesn't come to la your're looking at Butler, Irving, Love, Klay, and Kemba Walker as your big 2019 free agents. Does getting one or maybe two of those guys put LA over GSW or Houston? Klay will probably stay on the warriors unless something drastic changes so realistically you're looking at the other four.

Nobody's trading anything meaningful to the Spurs for Kawhi unless they're already guaranteed he'll re-sign with them. I'm also assuming Lebron and Leonard already have an agreement as I doubt Lebron wants to spend his last few years as a bubble team in the West.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Nobody's trading anything meaningful to the Spurs for Kawhi unless they're already guaranteed he'll re-sign with them. I'm also assuming Lebron and Leonard already have an agreement as I doubt Lebron wants to spend his last few years as a bubble team in the West.

We'll see. Kawhi already said he would be open to the idea of extending with the Sixers per some reports. You also have to take in to account Pop's long refusal to trade anyone to the Lakers and how much that still weighs on things.

I do think that Kawhi ends up getting traded to the Lakers this offseason but that is going to be one thin team depth wise, and you have to wonder how many more marathon seasons lebron can sustain. There was a story the other day comparing play time leaders and lebron effectively playing three extra seasons worth of time over the same timeframe.

Not to mention any trade that is going to send Kawhi value to the spurs from LA will also strip them of all their young talent. The Lakers better hope they win another title or two or we will be looking at another span of suck from them after Lebrons contract is up.

• 1Solidarity