2018-2019 NBA Thread

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Summer League to me is like pre-season and Pro Bowl in NFL. Just a giant opportunity for your starters to get injured with zero upside.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Summer League to me is like pre-season and Pro Bowl in NFL. Just a giant opportunity for your starters to get injured with zero upside.

Except the vast majority of starters don't play in the Summer League.

It's closer to the Senior Bowl, if we're sticking with football.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Toronto lost all basketball hype less than 1 month after a world championship and are officially in rebuild mode.

Unreal

Welcome to the Mavericks 2011 squad!

I bet the Heat & Bulls will be the front-runners for Westbrook. To keep the theme of this crazy off-season, I bet he gets traded in the next week. Hoping the Mavs FO can get in to facilitate a 3-team deal and maybe grab Porter Jr., Gallinari, or Dragic (in that order). Still have up to $22 million in cap if we stretch Lee, which is an indictment on this FO...

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
But you have Delon Wright now! The ceiling no longer exists!

• 1Worf

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Chris Paul closing out his career on a rebuilding team. That's rough.

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Westbrook and harden make little sense together. I mean, wtf. Will the rest of the team ever even get to attempt a shot?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit this season is going to be nuts. Legit looking forward to actually watching some NBA games now.

Didn't we have a big CP3 fan here?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I think the only fanbase that might dislike Westbrook more than Houston is Philadelphia? Funny destination.

I'll always root for Westbrook; I'm hoping the boys win a ring together.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Sure sounds like CP3 to the Heat, in some fashion, will happen (Amick is very reliable).

Curious why the Heat would potentially take on CP3s contract for 3 years, but looking at their projection for '21-22 they'd actually be under the cap even with that horrific contract and Butler's max... they would also have 4 total players, but makes it semi-plausible. Maybe they could get him to re-work his player option and take less.

As for the Westbrook-Houston fit, what the fuck lol. At least when on the court, CP3 can play off ball a little. Westbrook has absolutely zero off-ball game.