2018-2019 NBA Thread

Rude

Potato del Grande
Russell Westbrook's a giant fucking failure. And fuck LeBron James.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider
What a fucking move! I'm actually hyped and i'm from Toronto. Fuck LeBron, fuck the Lakers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Thunder have lost 3 all NBA players, is the salary cap more damaging to big market teams or?

A small market like OKC needs a stupid team like that to give them those kind of picks. If they can draft properly(huge if) they'll be set. it's a no brainer trade. If either PG or Kawhai get injured those picks fall in to the lottery especially in the West.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
*prays for an Adams or Grant offload from OKC* (Mavs)
Btw, the Mavs FO (when it comes to FA), must be one of the most retarded collections of people there have ever been.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So the Clippers are now easily the best defensive team in basketball.

Kawhi Leonard, 2 time Def MVP. Paul George All NBA 1st team defense. Patrick Beverly, All NBA 1st team defense.

Their perimeter d along with their rotating defense is going to be devastating. Any sub par or inexperienced ball handler is going to get gobbled up, and any stagnant offense will be further suffocated.

Westbrook is going to average 40 points a game this season with a triple double.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This should be the best BB season in a long time. I love how different the NFL and NBA are. Only in the NBA could a guy get traded because some other dude called and said, "wanna play with me?' Only in the NBA, does location matter this much in who plays where. I'm glad Toronto got their ring because, much like baseball, small market teams almost never win. You need someone like James to have been born there to get the talent needed to compete or a really lucky roll of the dice.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I'm just happy PG signed here for a year before asking to be traded.

Comparing him signing in LA last offseason for nothing vs being traded for those picks + Shai and Danilo's? Fucking happy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's still the Clippers though. The team no one cares about.

• 2Solidarity

Nester

Vyemm Raider
What makes NFL draft picks so much more valuable than NBA picks. Minnesota turned down 4 1st rounders for Jimmy Butler last year... now 5 first rounders (granted should be late round picks) for Paul George. And I think both Butler and George have always been in the second tier as far as elite players go. You’d never see a trade for that many 1st round picks in the NFL, even the awful trade for Ricky Williams only included 2 first rounders.

I love how nobody wants to go play with LeBron. I hope AD changes his mind about waiving that trade bonus now that there are no big FAs for the Lakers to sign.

NFL Careers are much shorter. The renewal of new talent is vital. NFL roster is 53 players vs 15 in nba and 23 in nhl. Then there is the salary cap. In the nba 3 superstars on one team can run the game and win a championship. You need more balance in other sports due to “positions” like goal tender, QB and pitcher.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Toronto lost all basketball hype less than 1 month after a world championship and are officially in rebuild mode.

Unreal

• 2Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Toronto lost all basketball hype less than 1 month after a world championship and are officially in rebuild mode.

Unreal
It's not a horrendous spot and they would have been doing it anyways. They have some good young players and one of the better front offices and player development teams in the league. Not Spurs good at that stuff, but better than most of the league. They won't have to suck for 50 years to turn it around like Philly or Atlanta.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm

Oklahoma City's All-Star guard Russell Westbrook and his agent, Thad Foucher, are engaged with Thunder GM Sam Presti about the next steps of Westbrook's career, including the possibility of a trade prior to the start of next season, league sources told ESPN.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Rude

Potato del Grande

Oklahoma City's All-Star guard Russell Westbrook and his agent, Thad Foucher, are engaged with Thunder GM Sam Presti about the next steps of Westbrook's career, including the possibility of a trade prior to the start of next season, league sources told ESPN.
I feel sorry for whoever ends up with this clown.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users