2018-2019 NBA Thread

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That seems bizarre. I don't quite understand it. Is Klay going to be the small forward? Is DeAngelo going to learn how to play D? It just seems like they could have a found a better fit. That makes their lineup pretty small.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I don't like it, but they were pretty short on options here. Once Durant was heading to Brooklyn S&T was about the only way to add a decent sized contract. DLO kind of became the player they'd get by default. Klay is going to be out for much of the season, so he and Curry could play together in the back court. Klay can definitely play SF for stretches when he's back. But our D overall has taken a huge hit between losing both Durant and Iguodala.

Never been a DLO fan, feel like he became an all star by default as well. Hope he proves me wrong.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't like it, but they were pretty short on options here. Once Durant was heading to Brooklyn S&T was about the only way to add a decent sized contract. DLO kind of became the player they'd get by default. Klay is going to be out for much of the season, so he and Curry could play together in the back court. Klay can definitely play SF for stretches when he's back. But our D overall has taken a huge hit between losing both Durant and Iguodala.

Never been a DLO fan, feel like he became an all star by default as well. Hope he proves me wrong.
Is there any real chance for him to play at all next year? I mean, an ACL tear is roughly a year long recovery to get back to full strength isn't it? I mean he could not have had that injury at a worst time in terms of being able to rehab in time to be back for the next season. He got hurt in the very last game of the year. I just don't see how he is back in time to be any sort of impact for next year.

Sterling

El Presidente

He's had 1 good season and is still young, but maxing Williams just seems sketchy. Dude is pretty good, but he doesn't create contact for shit and his offense is somewhat limited.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Yeah, I guess that's a good point that it's better to get something back since there's no other way to add a player with a sizable contract. They will be capped out for years and years with Klay's extension and Green's upcoming one. The pickup makes more sense that way (and kudos to the GSW owners for willing to pay). Too bad the only option was DLo.

It will be interesting to see how he does on a team where he isn't the man. And, if it doesn't work out, GS can always trade him for a better fit. More I think about it, I think this was a very shrewd move on GS's part.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Lol fucking sike.

Definitely some locally "plugged" in people, and some national guys wondering if the Mavericks have something lined up already. Not getting my hopes up too much, but there has been some smoke. What that is, who knows.

It's amazing how Doncic just immediately changed the fortune of the franchise. Over this year we added Doncic & Porzingis, everything else is just the cherry on top.

KD confirmed haha.

Set that whole shit ass FO on fire.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The lifelong GSW fan at work today(I live near Chicago), "If Kawhi signs with the Lakers, I'm going to stop watching basketball."

/rollseyes

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Kawhi to the Clippers! Congrats.

Thank you so much for not choosing LAL! Parity in the NBA!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

HOLY FUCK

FUCK THE LAKERS!

The Clippers just wtf. hahaha I'm too drunk to comprehend this.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
5 firsts, 4 unprotected, and 2 pick swaps. That's a lot of draft capital.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
What are the Thunder doing, so super late draft picks for your best player in the same conference? Maybe that will matter in 5 years? Westbrook next?

Also, I think this is awesome for the NBA but I wish the Clippers would move to Seattle and become the Sonics.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The Thunder have lost 3 all NBA players, is the salary cap more damaging to big market teams or?

Sterling

El Presidente
What are the Thunder doing, so super late draft picks for your best player in the same conference? Maybe that will matter in 5 years? Westbrook next?

Also, I think this is awesome for the NBA but I wish the Clippers would move to Seattle and become the Sonics.
I dunno, maybe they felt like they really couldn't do it right now as they are. It's possible some of those draft picks aren't going to all be late picks either. They're spread out over a lot of years. And some teams have done real well with late picks.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
What makes NFL draft picks so much more valuable than NBA picks. Minnesota turned down 4 1st rounders for Jimmy Butler last year... now 5 first rounders (granted should be late round picks) for Paul George. And I think both Butler and George have always been in the second tier as far as elite players go. You’d never see a trade for that many 1st round picks in the NFL, even the awful trade for Ricky Williams only included 2 first rounders.

I love how nobody wants to go play with LeBron. I hope AD changes his mind about waiving that trade bonus now that there are no big FAs for the Lakers to sign.

• 1Like