2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Sterling

El Presidente
Ryan Tannehill will be back. Project QB will also be drafted as it will be the last year of Tannehill's contract.

Jarvis Landry will be gone because he wants $14 million a year.

We might draft an LB that is good at pass coverage for once.

GM Tannenbaum will continue to overpay for veteran talent and put our salary cap situation into an even worse situation.

Schedule is AFC South, NFC North, Oakland, and Cincinatti.

9-7. We'll show a little promise, beat NE at home yet get swept by the Bills.
Fixing the Oline a bit so Tannehill isn't getting killed every other play would probably help. You're definitely right about how shit the linebackers are in coverage though, holy shit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The 49ers and Raiders flipping a coin for the 9th and 10th draft picks is bullshit. Therefore I am proposing that it be awarded based on a nude greco-roman wrestling match between John Lynch and Jon Gruden with no clock, victory by submission or knockout only.

That might get more ratings then most of the Thursday night games.....

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Garoppolo deal will get done in March most likely.

49ers 25-1 odds to go to Super Bowl next year. I don't think they will make the playoffs next year, but 2019 will be their coming out party.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Garoppolo deal will get done in March most likely.

49ers 25-1 odds to go to Super Bowl next year. I don't think they will make the playoffs next year, but 2019 will be their coming out party.
I think the Rams take the NFC West again, and the 49ers and Seahawks battle for 2nd place and a WC spot. If the 49ers go 8-8 or better, I would consider that a good success for next year.

I will agree with you though, that 2019 should be really exciting.

• 1Solidarity

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Jozu..

Barring Injuries...the 49ers WILL make the playoffs next year. think about this...based on the play of the last 5 games of the season...now goto the BEGINNING of the year and extrapolate where the 49ers would be record wise, with Jimmy G starting all year, it is my opinion that the 49ers would have made the playoffs this PAST season if JimmyG was the starter week 1. 49ers going 6 and 5 for the first 11 games + the 5 wins at the end of the season in a row = playoffs.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, since the 9ers lost 5 games by 3 points or less with Hoyer it's not much of a stretch to say that Jimmy would have put them over the top on most if not all of those games and they could have finished 10-6 or 11-5 last year. That said, I'm trying to keep my expectations in check and hoping to be pleasantly surprised next year. People are going to say that Jimmy will have a sophomore slump once defenses have some tape on him but the difference between him and Kaepernick is that his strengths (accurate, quick release, reads the field) are nothing new and gimmicky like Kaep's were so I think it will be harder for defenses to "adjust" to him than it was for Kaep.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
He'll probably have some growing pains once teams get more film on him, but I think he'll be a great QB long term. I think it will be similar to Wentz: Lit the world on fire his first few games as a rookie, struggled as teams adjusted, then figured it out and played at a high level. You can see the potential with Garoppolo just like you could with Wentz, there's nothing fluky about the physical talent and the way he reads defenses.

• 1Solidarity

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
we knew that was coming. now to see who the pats get to replace the OC and DC..i Expect the patriots offensive playbook to remain -essentially- the same.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
You know it sure doesn't sounds like Butler was trouble in the locker room, so I kind of hope the 49ers go after him in Free Agency. They have a huge need a CB, and I think he could slot in quite nicely.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
McDaniels really fucked the Colts over wow. Said he was taking the job, now this....

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Someone probably showed him some MRI claiming Luck wouldn't be ready to go.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Yup, definitely makes you wonder if Bill is gonna retire

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah no thanks. I would much rather move onto another place than try and replace Darth Bill

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Bill is locked in as the HC for the 18'-19' football season and Josh will probably take over after that or the season after that one. Brady most likely will play for two more seasons pending injury and will retire at 43 or 44 which is exactly where he always said he wants to play till.

Rumors have been swirling since before the SB that Josh was considering staying and those rumors only strengthened after the Pats lost. Apparently the Colts stopped talking to Josh when he was having second thoughts and just assumed everything was a done deal and did their press release this morning without confirmation while Kraft, who is still pissed off at the Colts over Deflate Gate, swooped in at the last second with an updated fuck you sweetened deal.

DVZRnTnU8AAAC08.jpg:large

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users