2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Doesn't release him from being the being piece of shit in the league. Kraft didn't just fuck the Colts but him.
In a league full of murderers and domestic abusers someone that changed their mind prior to signing anything is hardly the worst in the league.

Yes he did fuck himself probably and he definitely fucked the assistant coaches.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
A New England coach's word is worth dogshit and he's a scumbag human being? Color me shocked......

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
A New England coach's word is worth dogshit and he's a scumbag human being? Color me shocked......
Yeah must be why no one will hire Bill Belichick. Oh wait success trumps character in the NFL? Guess this means nothing then.

Probably need to send McDaniels to the Cowboys for character rehab.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Yeah must be why no one will hire Bill Belichick. Oh wait success trumps character in the NFL? Guess this means nothing then.

Probably need to send McDaniels to the Cowboys for character rehab.

Did I say no one would hire him? Pretty sure that wasn't part of anything you quoted.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Methinks Kraft et al. watched the Two Bills 30 for 30 and overthought the whole Belicheat succession.

McDaniels comes off as a total beta bitch in this whole process. Darth Bill 2.0, he is not.

• 1Like
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
In a league full of murderers and domestic abusers someone that changed their mind prior to signing anything is hardly the worst in the league.

Yes he did fuck himself probably and he definitely fucked the assistant coaches.

The assistants are who get fucked. One that JD was bringing in is actually going to stay in Indy.

In the long run (7-10 years) Josh made the better decision. He will get at least a couple years out of Brady, which will means winning. Then lets say 5 more years without? So 7 years of coaching the Pats...vs 2-4 with any other potentially depending on his record? Unless he wins of course.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
McDaniels just agreed to a job for life essentially. He will get 5-10 years or more with the Pats. By the time he is done he will have mase millions and either move to a new HC gig or retire well.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The assistants are who get fucked. One that JD was bringing in is actually going to stay in Indy.

In the long run (7-10 years) Josh made the better decision. He will get at least a couple years out of Brady, which will means winning.

Father time in the NFL is a tricky bitch, but at least 2 more years out of Brady? I would imagine this is where Belichick and Kraft disagree.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Father time in the NFL is a tricky bitch, but at least 2 more years out of Brady? I would imagine this is where Belichick and Kraft disagree.

Yeah...I normally would agree. But the dude is still playing like he's 30 years old. Even if he has a precipitous dropoff next year, they will keep him one more year then trade/cut?

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Belichick is probably getting more and more disillusioned. First Kraft forces the Jimmy G trade because of Brady. Now he steps in to convince one of Belichicks staff members to hold firm and not leave, effectively acting as director of player AND coaching personnel.
According to reports, BB was one of the ones who sat down with him and Kraft to get him to stay. So I don't Bill has a problem with that.

Brady's influence there is tremendous. He didn't give two fucks about Patricia because the defense was horrible.

I also think Brady doesn't care too much about another SB loss, he won MVP and threw for 500 yards in the SB. He is probably thinking he did everything he could to win that game but his defense let him down.
He did EVERYTHING he could?
maxresdefault.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I think 505 yards with 3 TD's and no punts is pretty much "everything" and more that can be expected of someone.

Frankly, while Brady's not a great athlete and that played a part...the throw WAS a little high. Foles much easier catch.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah...I normally would agree. But the dude is still playing like he's 30 years old. Even if he has a precipitous dropoff next year, they will keep him one more year then trade/cut?

Seems like belichick was ready to cut ties after this year, in a very belichick way, then Kraft stepped in mid year. That would explain the Garoppolo trade and tension.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Holy shit...

Good for Jimmy G and the 49ers though. Excited to see how the next few years go.

I think paying him that salary totally makes sense, because if you tag him this year and he plays great, that price will go way up. Especially with the impending Cousins deal

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Yeah I think 505 yards with 3 TD's and no punts is pretty much "everything" and more that can be expected of someone.

Frankly, while Brady's not a great athlete and that played a part...the throw WAS a little high. Foles much easier catch.
Apparently you can't make tongue-in-cheek comments around here. FoOtBaLl Is SeRiOuS bUsInEsS!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Holy shit...

Good for Jimmy G and the 49ers though. Excited to see how the next few years go.

I think paying him that salary totally makes sense, because if you tag him this year and he plays great, that price will go way up. Especially with the impending Cousins deal

I understand you guys think he is going to be good, and he might work out that way. But he has won SEVEN games as a starter... 7. I dont care how good he might be, he hasn't earned that deal. Imagine what Rodgers is going to get when he renews his deal which is coming very soon.

• 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit...

Price seems right for what you are wanting, what you will get is another story come September. I am excited to see how he does, but once the tapes are out, they are out. He really hasn't proven himself as a top tier priced QB in my mind.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I understand you guys think he is going to be good, and he might work out that way. But he has won SEVEN games as a starter... 7. I dont care how good he might be, he hasn't earned that deal. Imagine what Rodgers is going to get when he renews his deal which is coming very soon.
Maybe, maybe not. And really it all depends on the details. The 49ers have a TON of cap space now, so if they were able to front load it for a couple years, and if he turns out to suck, they can cut him later with minimal impact. If you tag him this offseason and he has an amazing season, then guys like Cousins and Rodgers get new deals, the 49ers end up paying a ton more in the long run.

I mean I totally get it, he could end up being average or worse. But with where the 49ers are right now, and with what they have seen, it makes total sense.

• 1Solidarity