2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
C'mon guys, think of all the sequels to some of the greatest films of all time. They all live up to the hype.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Well, at least the Colts didn't have McDouche trade away key players on their team and get caught cheating like his last HC gig.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Man...talk about a reversal. Any word on why he had a change of heart? It had to have been they told him Luck was done.

Cybsled

If BB was going to retire in 2019, I could totally see McDaniels wanting to stay in NE if he was pegged to be the next head coach. You're better off having Kraft as an owner instead of Irsay.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
If BB was going to retire in 2019, I could totally see McDaniels wanting to stay in NE if he was pegged to be the next head coach. You're better off having Kraft as an owner instead of Irsay.

Depends on what pills you like to take to party.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
McDaniels' stock took a huge hit with the Broncos stint and his ties to Tebow. If he would of went to Indy and had a couple poor seasons his reputation would be really damaged from a HC ability perspective.

So I can see why he decided to stay. But the way he flip flopped basically murdered his chances of ever being a HC anywhere besides NE.

Belichick is probably getting more and more disillusioned. First Kraft forces the Jimmy G trade because of Brady. Now he steps in to convince one of Belichicks staff members to hold firm and not leave, effectively acting as director of player AND coaching personnel.

Brady's influence there is tremendous. He didn't give two fucks about Patricia because the defense was horrible.

I also think Brady doesn't care too much about another SB loss, he won MVP and threw for 500 yards in the SB. He is probably thinking he did everything he could to win that game but his defense let him down.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think he cares a ton. Brady is really competitive. Dude gets mad if someone fucks up and they're up three possessions.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Belichick is basically done in NE or dirtbag wouldn't have stayed. He still has all the cards on how he goes out though. He can be the good soldier for one more year...or he can try to force his way out as a giant fuck you to Kraft. It really depends on if he wants to coach past 2018 and for whom. I can't imagine after 17 years of complete control that he likes seeing it not only taken away, but slapped in his face.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think Bill does another couple seasons and retires but its clear McDaniel's thinks he is next man up.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
As a Texans fan, I'm very upset that McDaniels didn't take the Colts job.

• 1Worf

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Not justifying how all this played out, but situations like this can be avoided if the NFL implements a hiring policy where you can't hire, talk, or interview coaching staff until a day after the SB. It has always bothered me that teams are allowed to interview and "hire" coaches whose season is still ongoing. It's also absolutely fucking retarded that any team or owner would hire or fire staff based upon requests from a contractually unsigned HC who is "expected to sign", especially when its done weeks in advance. Even Patricia was supposedly calling the staff shots in the Lions organization while still the DC of the Pats weeks before the SB and that's just crazy.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Don't assume commitments until shit is signed.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Doesn't release him from being the being piece of shit in the league. Kraft didn't just fuck the Colts but him.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He wasn't even a good coach with the Broncos so I'm sure he'll shit up the Patriots when he takes over.

• 1Solidarity