2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Sammy Watkins at three years for 48 million is stupid.

Doesn't seem that bad in a market where Albert Wilson can get $8m/year. 10-12m/year salary and a $15m signing bonus, with more in year 3 that will either get extended or he'll never see. Decrease those numbers even more if they're injury or incentives, and it's even less impactful with the salary cap jumping to $177m and expected to jump even more over the next year or two as the new media deals start and revenue continues to increase.

Here's the Cousins decision:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Interesting. Was reading a week or two ago about someone suggesting the idea of a short fully guaranteed contract... looks like either the Vikings were listening or that guy had an inside source.

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kick in the balls to Keenum...NFL is ruthless. On that note welcome to MN Kirk!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully Keenum plays well in Denver minus the two games a year I hope the Chargers crush him.

I don't blame the Vikings for going with Cousins as he has the more proven history.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cousins on a real team that's actually run well will be legit. Plus they could use a QB with real durability.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
REPORT: Vikings Have Offered Kirk Cousins Over $90 Million Guaranteed

Buddy of mine sent this to me. I had never heard of the site, and seeing a fully guaranteed contract in the NFL sounds impossible. Still funny to read all the hysteria around Cousins being a FA though

Interesting. Was reading a week or two ago about someone suggesting the idea of a short fully guaranteed contract... looks like either the Vikings were listening or that guy had an inside source.

Yeah I posted about it a couple weeks ago, but I had never heard of the source so took it with a grain of salt.

A fully guaranteed contract in the NFL, it will be interesting to see what type of ripple effect this has on future contracts.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande

No Bradford news? Cards sign the perennial injured and immobile Bradford, seems like a bad division for it.

Not terribly happy with the Watkins situation but no way does he deserve that contract right now. Probably get a 3rd round comp pick but of course that's basically a 4th. I hope the Rams new m.o. is not throwing away 2nd round picks for 1 year rentals.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I can't believe they are paying Bradford $20m. Dude is incapable of staying healthy.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Doesn't seem that bad in a market where Albert Wilson can get $8m/year. 10-12m/year salary and a $15m signing bonus, with more in year 3 that will either get extended or he'll never see. Decrease those numbers even more if they're injury or incentives, and it's even less impactful with the salary cap jumping to $177m and expected to jump even more over the next year or two as the new media deals start and revenue continues to increase.

Here's the Cousins decision:

I remember when I pointed out at start of the playoffs if the Vikings end up losing and gap in QB play was big, that they'd be a dark horse to move on from all 3 of their guys and throw money at Cousins.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
So newest updates I'm seeing: Jordy Nelson released by Packers, Jimmy Graham incoming to GB

edit: fuckin 2 seconds late

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Like Richardson at half Watkins money. Health is a concern, but I think with how Smith extends plays with his scrambling he could hook up with him for some big plays downfield.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande

Rams gonna run 10 dbs and Aaron Donald. This is a good signing, man the Rams have some depth at corner now.