2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Since the legal tampering period starts today, I imagine we will start seeing deals getting announced early this afternoon.

Depending on how that knee is healing, I would love to see the 49ers go after Allen Robinson, that could potentially be another great addition.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

If this goes down Tannebaum needs to be run out of town. He did this same stupid shit with the Jets. Sign free agents to ridiculous contracts, then cut them when there is a massive dead money hit, burn draft picks, and put the team in a terrible cap situation with mediocre teams. Why this clown was brought on board with the shit show he ran with the Jets is beyond me.

If not for Cleveland, this franchise would probably be at the bottom of the barrel. Since Marino retired they have done nothing right. Bad decision after bad decision. Not drafting Brees when they needed a QB, then Passing on Brees for Culpepper in free agency. Terrible coaching hires, mediocre drafts. What a shit show. Fuck this organization.

Cutting Suh saves us 3.9 million this season, but the dead money is 22 million. What in the actual fuck. Just ride him out the next two years.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Cutting Suh saves us 3.9 million this season, but the dead money is 22 million. What in the actual fuck. Just ride him out the next two years.
Holy shit really? That seems like an incredibly stupid move

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
followed by another terrible season and the Niners were able to escape his now awful looking contract and looked very shrewd in the process.

His last year wasn't that bad, with a roster that was worse than last year's Niners team. He opted out of the contract himself, which probably wasn't the smartest move, but seemed like both him and Gabbert wanted out of there.

Enter Shanahan and Lynch, roster looks a lot better now. Especially receiving options. Now with Garoppogoat, they have a lot of hope.

Merrith

That dead cap hit that Miami is willing to take on cutting Suh is just outrageous.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Then he goes and plays for a contender for next to nothing to win his ring. Already read he'd play for the Eagles for free. Can you imagine? Of course I wouldn't mind slotting him in between Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers.

• 3Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
His last year wasn't that bad, with a roster that was worse than last year's Niners team.

I've posted this several times already, but the narrative that Kaep played well his last season in SF comes from people who didn't watch the games, which is most people because the team stunk. Kaep was not good that year. Chip Kelly should be commended for working to his strengths enough that he had okay numbers, but it was not a case of a good quarterback on a bad team. He stunk and so did the 49ers.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

I've posted this several times already, but the narrative that Kaep played well his last season in SF comes from people who didn't watch the games, which is most people because the team stunk. Kaep was not good that year. Chip Kelly should be commended for working to his strengths enough that he had okay numbers, but it was not a case of a good quarterback on a bad team. He stunk and so did the 49ers.

I got to watch a good bit of their games that year. He was not bad that year. Kelly's system may have helped, but he actually showed some progression as a passer that year, imo. No question that team stunk. Try and find basically every receiver they had on that team, think PFF and some other advanced stats people noted their QB's (not just Kaep, Gabbert as well) had the worst receiver play of any team that year.

Merrith

I'm still puzzled how the Saints haven't paid Brees yet.

Hasn't Brees said he thinks he can be like Brady and play X more years? I wonder if they're just balking hard at any contract they can't get out of after a year or two.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The Suh release isn't as bad as some report. The original deal was stupid as shit and Agenor Agenor echoes my thoughts perfectly on Tannenbaum. Suh will be released as a post June cut which is just a $9 million dead money decision for this year and a $17 million cap relief. The real stupidity is that Suh will eat another $13 million of cap space next year. Tannenbaum was the stupidest hire from a desperately uninformed owner. Lifelong Rams fan checking in early!

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So Brees waiting for Cousins makes sense, can't imagine they won't pay him