2018 NFL Offseason Thread -- Philadelphia Burning Edition

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hyde signing with Browns. For what it's worth, McKinnon SPARQ is fucking ridiculous.

BrutulTM BrutulTM Richburg is a solid interior lineman. Probably the best on the Giants pathetic front.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I guess I missed that Hyde is already a Cleveland Brown. He's more of a power runner than what Shanahan does so it makes sense.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
performance based pay is fine if you can produce.

Gronk did that his last salary, he made out fine.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
7.5m a year for McKinnon really seems like too much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just saw something saying Giants are giving Soldier 60m over 4 years, 35m guaranteed!

Man i liked Soldier, But he is getting older and declining. He's always been injury prone and had problems with consistency so it's insane someone would pay him like that.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just saw something saying Giants are giving Soldier 60m over 4 years, 35m guaranteed!

Man i liked Soldier, But he is getting older and declining. He's always been injury prone and had problems with consistency so it's insane someone would pay him like that.
Lost out on their first lineman, overpaying for Solder is better than putting Flowers out there for another year. Desperate times, desperate measures. They had to outprice other teams.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Niners could have and should have drafted the honey badger when we came out of LSU.

I probably wouldn't take a flier now, as taking another injury risk is too much too stomach, and they still have Jimmy Ward to play that Cover 3 deep man.

They still need a slot corner and maybe another corner, but Witherspoon and Sherman with Ward up top isn't awful.

If Rueben Foster never comes back, that however is awful, and unless they hit a home run on a LB in the drafy, that MIKE LB spot is going to be dusty as fuck for years. Which is a shame when you think about having 2 All Pro linebackers on the same team not even 3 years ago.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
McKinnon was really good last year once he got a chance. Explosive dude, not a fan of that singing. I'd like the Niners to go back to being incompetent plz. Why can't their QB be fucking Bradford? lol

5 years, $72.5M for Trumaine fucking Johnson wow.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
McKinnon doesn't strike me as an every down back. For that money, he needs to be.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully the Vikings play the Redskins in the season kick off .

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
McKinnon is a 3rd down back that fumbles and gets that rare 30 yard run and is good with screen passes..terrible contract for the 49ers

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Okay that cheered me up.

I don't hold ill will towards Cousins at all, for the record. I wish him success in Minnesota (except when he plays us). I'm not sure he's worth the deal he got, but that's the premium. I have a hard time believing him that money didn't matter so much when you go for that deal, which just allows you to sign another deal when you're 32 and still in your "prime" as well, though. I just wish our front office had handled his situation better and gotten him signed long term earlier, when he would have been cheaper. I think he's a top 10-15 guy in the league, and can play like a top 10 guy when he's on, and slightly worse than top 15 when he's off.