2018 Oscars

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I would have been like, hook it up with part of that sub.

A hot dog cannon. The fuck.

For sure, i'm all for Margot Robbie tossing me some jujyfruit. Getting hit with some sauerkraut from Guillermo del Toro is where I draw the fucking line.

spronk

FPS noob
i guess the Oscars continues its tradition of giving best picture to movies that prominently feature masturbating

i played yakuza kiwami and fought trannies instead, good times

oscars in memorium reel also apparently didn't include bill paxton or adam west, what a travesty

Last edited:

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Change servers til it cooperates. Also I could never get the new player to work, I still use the old one and leave it on US East (VA).

Yeah I figured it was probably user error (me). Was in such a rush I didn't try to fiddle with it too much. Thanks for the info.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So let me get this strait. This year at the big award show, they gave a rapist basketball player an oscar?

K

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
So let me get this strait. This year at the big award show, they gave a rapist basketball player an oscar?

K

When it comes to animation, no one in the academy gives a shit. It's how Boss Baby gets nominated, its how Disney has won nearly every Best Animated for the last, what, 2 decades? They just vote for things they've heard of or their kids and grandkids like. So in animated Short, everyone knows who Kobe is, but may not be aware of his love of white women, and they know who Glen Keane is, since he was one of the biggest Disney animators. The other shorts never stood a chance.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Stopped reading when she eliminated Logan immediately for being too dark, leave it to a woman.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
While I thought [ Darkest Hour ] was the best movie of the year, I didn’t think it would have a chance of winning, so I put The Shape of Water

Now I know why every election the news stations spam their fake polls saying 99% chance Hillary wins, there are people literally scared shitless of having their own opinion and not voting with the masses.

c.jpg

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I didn't watch any of the Oscars. But I am now seeing people going insane that Get Out didn't win. Whereas I don't agree with any woman who would discount Logan for being, essentially, the perfect last Wolverine story because she thinks all comic movies should be upbeat and fun I have to agree with her exactly on why I would have also discounted Get Out from contention.

And the bitter tears of those screaming that the world isn't 'Woke' enough to appreciate Get Out makes my crotchety old heart feel warm and alive.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Sally Hawkins just naturally fidgety or was she on the cocaine during that acceptance speech by watermelon del taco?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good year for good movies. Bad year for Great movies.

In the last two nights I watched 3 Billboards and Shape of Water. Fucking bad, both of them. And Get Out was the most over-hyped movie of the last decade.

Blade Runner 2049 was the years best movie.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

Amusingly, the only film I did not see in the best foreign language film category is the one that won :p That being said, I had the opportunity to see it and did not and it is supposed to be pretty good.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was underwhelmed by Get Out but maybe I heard too many NPR hosts gushing about it when it came out. It wasn't a bad movie but even nominating it for best picture was nuts. It was a funny, enjoyable horror movie, but best picture? No fucking way. The only other best picture nominee I have seen was Dunkirk, which was great for what it was, an experimental film. It did a great job of showing what it felt like to be there, but as far as a narrative, there wasn't much there. I think Nolan did what he was trying to do but as far as entertainment goes, it was a little low on plot and characters.

I'll have to watch Shape of Water and see what the fuss is about. I'm a big fan of Frances McDormand, but I have a feeling 3 billboards is going to be yet another movie where Hollywood shows their ignorance of people in the midwest and turns everyone into a cartoon character.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Can't believe Roger Deakins had never won for cinematography before.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I was underwhelmed by Get Out but maybe I heard too many NPR hosts gushing about it when it came out. It wasn't a bad movie but even nominating it for best picture was nuts. It was a funny, enjoyable horror movie, but best picture? No fucking way. The only other best picture nominee I have seen was Dunkirk, which was great for what it was, an experimental film. It did a great job of showing what it felt like to be there, but as far as a narrative, there wasn't much there. I think Nolan did what he was trying to do but as far as entertainment goes, it was a little low on plot and characters.

I'll have to watch Shape of Water and see what the fuss is about. I'm a big fan of Frances McDormand, but I have a feeling 3 billboards is going to be yet another movie where Hollywood shows their ignorance of people in the midwest and turns everyone into a cartoon character.
3 Billboards is a good movie. I was afraid they would go down the typical Hollywood route, but they didn't.
Really dark movie and some insane character development. it is worth a watch.

No Hell or High Water last year, no Wind River this year. Just the typical Oscar crap.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
3 billboards is an enjoyable movie, pretty sure the ending went over my head or something but it was still a good watch