2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

Old joke, but no surprise the Canes might have the advantage there.

It's an easy joke to make but it's not one based in reality anymore, at least not in the past two years. Both teams are disadvantaged by not having fans.

2019_04_15_250.0.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can pretty much write the caps off, I think getting swept is more likely than winning a game at this point

If Eller was still out I'd probably agree with you. But he's had some monster games filling in for one of the top two centers in the past. Whether or not he can just jump into that role after being out for a week or two is another question. Also curious how long Backstrom will be out. If he won't be back this series, might just write this one off.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
The caps power play with about 14 minutes left in the third might have been the absolute worst power play I've ever seen. They had possession past center ice for less than 20 seconds

Merrith

The caps power play with about 14 minutes left in the third might have been the absolute worst power play I've ever seen. They had possession past center ice for less than 20 seconds

Could have been worse, we could have allowed a shortie like we did in the 3rd period of Game 1.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Could have been worse, we could have allowed a shortie like we did in the 3rd period of Game 1.

I guess that's true, the worst power play short of giving up a shortie. It's incredible how terrible the caps are playing, Isles are forechecking with a single player against 4+ caps and winning the puck, or at the very least delaying possession for an absurd amount of time. And the coup de grace is Holtby letting in another soft shot to end the game, granted the Isles were absolutely dominating through the forecheck leading up to it

Merrith

I guess that's true, the worst power play short of giving up a shortie. It's incredible how terrible the caps are playing, Isles are forechecking with a single player against 4+ caps and winning the puck, or at the very least delaying possession for an absurd amount of time. And the coup de grace is Holtby letting in another soft shot to end the game, granted the Isles were absolutely dominating through the forecheck leading up to it

I can't really blame Holts on that last one, deflection off the glove? Isles earned themselves a bounce I guess, although their first goal tipped in off one of our defenseman's stick, too. Kempny is cooked. They should look to see if he can have a decent start to next year then unload him. I don't know what happened to Vrana, either. Hasn't scored a goal in forever and he pretty much handed them a breakaway right after Ovechkin tied it.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I can't really blame Holts on that last one, deflection off the glove? Isles earned themselves a bounce I guess, although their first goal tipped in off one of our defenseman's stick, too. Kempny is cooked. They should look to see if he can have a decent start to next year then unload him. I don't know what happened to Vrana, either. Hasn't scored a goal in forever and he pretty much handed them a breakaway right after Ovechkin tied it.

Next year Holtby and Reirden better be gone; this year, just end the suffering and move on. We're getting swept, just get it over with. I would prefer to unload Kuznetsov, Vrana and Kempny while they might still have some (albeit minimal at this point) trade value

Merrith

Next year Holtby and Reirden better be gone; this year, just end the suffering and move on. We're getting swept, just get it over with. I would prefer to unload Kuznetsov, Vrana and Kempny while they might still have some (albeit minimal at this point) trade value

Holtby was going to be gone next year even if we won the Cup with him. Can't afford a new deal for him.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Holtby was going to be gone next year even if we won the Cup with him. Can't afford a new deal for him.

Yes I know Holtby is almost assuredly gone, but I don't think I can post in this thread without expressing my desire to no longer see him in a caps uniform again

Merrith

Yes I know Holtby is almost assuredly gone, but I don't think I can post in this thread without expressing my desire to no longer see him in a caps uniform again

We just need that money for Ovechkin and Vrana's new deals. Maybe Vrana won't get as much if this keeps up.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
As a Hawks fan, I'm sad we're getting pummeled by a superior team but I agree with Tuuka. This doesn't really feel like playoff hockey and I'm not taking these losses as poorly as I would have in the past. Idk if it's because we probably didn't deserve to be there anyway or the energy just isn't there with the fake fan noise and shit. Really odd.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user