2019-2020 NHL Season Thread: Uber Missed the Blues Victory Parade Edition

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>
Not a Flyers or Islanders fan. I just wanted them to go to game 7 so that the Stars won't be the only team that blew a 3-1 game lead. Maybe Vancouver can do it to Vegas, too.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
holy shit I stopped paying attention after the Lightning won, what the fuck has been going on?

Man some of the best hockey has been played since then. Tons of OTs, back and forths. I'm totally michael jackson popcorning this shit from the rest zone.

Honestly don't want to face the Islanders though.

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>
I think I gave my dogs a heart attack when Kiviranta scored. Through a big chunk of the game we didn't seem desperate and hungry enough. Still, we managed to win and that's all that matters in the end. Also, omg Dobby is so adorable!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
My wife and I were walking around Waikiki on the first night of our vacation last fall. I was wearing my 2019 Stanley Cup Champions hat. Some guy walked up to me and started complaining about how the refs screwed the Avs in round 2 and they would've beat the Blues in the WCF. I was like whatever bruh.

Having said that im glad the Avs lost.

Needless

Toe Sucker
that was the most frustrating fucking series to watch holy fucking christ

demko played out of his mind, that should not have been even remotely close

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Both game 7s today were actually very good for different reasons. I hope the Flyers can bring it tomorrow too and come out with the W. One of these teams gotta come back from being down 3-1!

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't watch any of the prior games in this Vegas Vancouver series but wow, Vancouver didn't even belong on the ice they were so bad in comparison tonight. Demko was an absolute monster, they should have lost this game like 8-0 without any empty netters. How do you have 1 shot on goal through 3 or 4 power plays, including a major (and that shot on goal was basically a desperation shot from the blue line)

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>
Vancouver didn't play this bad in the other games, though they were consistently outshot. Demko came in during game 5 for the regular goalie and yeah he was standing on his head the whole time. The Canucks captain had more goals than anyone in playoffs including Nathan MacJesus. They are just a really young team. Would have liked to have them move on for the feel good story, and more selfishly so we wouldn't have to face Vegas in the conference final. Vegas is 100% a better team than us so I'm an not optimistic about moving on.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
i 100% feel this is how it felt to play against fleury in the first VGK season, just absolute goalie domination. Demko was unreal for every game he played.

i want to be salty for not playing fleury tonight but holy fuck was that one lehner glove save the game changer

• 1Like

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Vegas' forcheck and PK was so aggressive. They knew Vancouver couldn't deal with it.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I was super dissapointed with Vancouver (minus Demko). Their other games their offense showed up and were really fun to watch. I feel like they were completely not in that game mentally and their inexperience showed. However, I am more interested in this teams future then ever. I think they will be a contender for years to come.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The playoffs experience for all those young guys is gonna pay of huge next season and for years to come. I think they let Markstrom walk now. Demko showed how good he is and why hes a top goalie prospect. He looked better than Markstrom has.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After the horrible season Demko had, betting the house on 3 good games is a disaster waiting to happen.

I don't see why Markstrom would want to leave, he should work with the team to game the expansion draft. Sign a 1 year deal, not need protection for the draft, then sign his longer term contract after next season.